Alexey Vanzhula

1 minute ago, srletak said:

he did like businessman honest mistake :wub: 

soon he's gonna adjust everything

Businessman's mistake of deleting his old posts with false promises? :D Sure thing. 

I'm very happy to hear what he's gonna adjust everything. Hopefully it starts restoring those posts he deleted. 

Given the HUGE amount of work done and many unslept nights, it’s foolish to blame me for not having business skills

I'm going to say this one last time:
Once, while working on 2.0, I decided to test how DM 1.0 works in Houdini 17.0. It worked with lots of bugs in the latest updates. Therefore, I decided to post the new version faster. Just at that time, it was announced about the release of Houdini 17.5. So I decided to rename future 2.0 to 1.5

You have changed a deal you cannot.

A deal is a deal that's the basics of gumroad plateform, change this for every deal and gumroad collapses.

Your business collapses too.

You have responsibility about the deal you write with your customers. there is nothing to argue about this.

5 minutes ago, ghiom said:

Your business collapses too.

Dude, that's too much. 

5 minutes ago, Alexey Vanzhula said:

I wrote, for example, "DM 1.5 is coming" on FB Houdini for Artists group more then 6 month ago

It's a great news what you wrote what 1.5 is coming. You wrote it here too. It means another great version before promised 2.0. 

And in any case, does it clearly say you change versioning? I checked, and it's not (at least I think). With 80+ fb groups you promote your tool. Nether does Sidefx forums, not here. 

Edited by Njordy

11 minutes ago, Alexey Vanzhula said:

So, why you so cruel?

What do you expect from someone you belittled and called a petty man? 

From someone who's personal conversations with you posted on public forum?

From someone who asked you personally if it's a free update and you chose to ignore 2 months ago (and others).

From someone who paid (as many many people complaining everywhere — discord, facebook) thinking they will get free 2.0 update, and they better buy now, because 2.0 will be more expensive. 

From someone who thinks your scheduling is malevolent, what you release 2 big update (paid) in a span of ~2 months, and don't expect people just buying 1.5 not being happy (I see people saying the same on facebook). But you call it "bullshit", and "I do what I want". 

From someone who was cheated by you. 

And from someone he's freaking astonished you started deleting your own posts.

Edited by Njordy

Like i say Alexey, i really can understand your situation.

The fact is business have rules. if you break the rules business is collapsing.

You must repsect the rules and we must respect the rules too.

If you need peoples help you to work on your tool more than you expect at the begining, respect the rules first and ask us to help you by giving us something is exchange or nothing.

You can explain on the update page your situation and asking people to give what they can, want... there is a lot of gumroad business where peoples give how many they want. and sometimes it's more than you expect.

This way, you make a community growing, because we speak around us about our tools . we love our tools. I want to help you and i'm ready to pay for 2.0. But not like that ,not if you change the rules. I will just stop using you tool and go away.

but if you give it like it was said, i'm ready to give something to help you because i love my tools, everytools i buy wich help me to work better.(even if i've never had a chance to really try DM at this times)

Make what you think you think right. we do too. have a nice day.

• Like 1

Hey Alexey,

As I commented on the Facebook post, you have a right to price your work at whatever you want. What you do have to consider is that consumers don't take a decision to part with their money lightly, and what we especially don't like is to part with our money and then feel like we haven't got what we bargained for. 

My grievance is that I feel like releasing an upgrade just months after the previous and then expecting the user to pay almost full price is just wrong. I can tell you now that if I knew there was another release around the corner when I purchased (that I would have to pay for), then not only would I have not bought the plugin at the time, but i'd likely not purchase at all knowing that my version may be out of date in a couple of months.

It seems other users are in an even worse situation than myself, in where they were previously promised a free upgrade and have since been told they have to pay. You can't just move the goalposts when you feel like and expect other people to be happy with it. Set your prices however you please, but my friendly advice to you is that if you keep doing things the way you are doing, then you will soon be in a position where very few people will buy from you. Reputation is everything!

If you really want repeat business from existing customers, then do some research - maybe introduce a maintenance system or licensing system so that is there is 100% transparency over what they are getting when they purchase.

One final note and just a little food for thought to help you see where the frustration comes from - your plugin is just under half the price of Houdini itself, and now you're telling me that my version is out of date after just three months of release (not just the purchase date, but the actual release date!)? I'm about 10 months into my Indie license, and since then i've had Houdini 17, Houdini 17.5 and who knows, maybe i'll even get a couple of months with Houdini 18.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, coljwood said:

releasing an upgrade just months after the previous

Man, it's all bull***t. It's his choice when to release and what price to ask, and he's not obligated to keep his promises. 

Wait a few more months, he can release yet another paid update. 

5d5ed413d2621_ScreenShot2019-08-22at15_36.01copy.thumb.png.6ed3aefef9cf21116742fd0b400fa74e.png5d5ed38cf3dc6_ScreenShot2019-08-22at15_38.04copy.png.a005b72277cb6ac1c1cd246731420461.png

Edited by Njordy
Cropped the image.

Hey Alexey, so your FREE DM 1.5.XX download is actually DM 2.0 for current users of DM 1.0?

15 hours ago, Alexey Vanzhula said:

Given the HUGE amount of work done and many unslept nights, it’s foolish to blame me for not having business skills

I'm going to say this one last time:
Once, while working on 2.0, I decided to test how DM 1.0 works in Houdini 17.0. It worked with lots of bugs in the latest updates. Therefore, I decided to post the new version faster. Just at that time, it was announced about the release of Houdini 17.5. So I decided to rename future 2.0 to 1.5

bobc4d, exactly.  It was fully revamped and was not a simple update. Yes, I know it is confusion, but I'm not a swindler. Given the time I spend on developing the DM, I’m practically not earning anything with Gumroad and work on enthusiasm. Really, after talking with some people who do not understand the essence of the problem, I generally want to close the sale on Gumroad. Then I will not have to prove anything to anyone.

PS People, who work in DM, do not bother at all, but only enjoy using it...

Edited by Alexey Vanzhula
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Alexey Vanzhula said:

bobc4d, exactly.  It was fully revamped and was not a simple update. Yes, I know it is confusion, but I'm not a swindler. Given the time I spend on developing the DM, I’m practically not earning anything with Gumroad and work on enthusiasm. Really, after talking with some people who do not understand the essence of the problem, I generally want to close the sale on Gumroad. Then I will not have to prove anything to anyone.

Maybe you are not earning anything because of your pricing structure?

You continue to ignore feedback from people who are your actual customers, who have bought the plugin from you already and have enjoyed the plugin - and now we are giving constructive criticism over your pricing structure and strategy because it is not ethical and quite honestly you just seem to be making things up as you go along.

'Closing the sale on Gumroad' is another perfect example of how you have the wrong attitude towards this situation.

I admit I am more than a little confused myself. I did buy DM 1.0 under the assumption that it came with a free upgrade to 2.0 (which at the time was supposed to arrive at any moment).

Then, after what felt like almost a year or "it's coming very soon" version 1.5 popped up, and then practically daily updates, sometimes even twice in a single day which made the whole thing seem even stranger.

Then, all of a sudden I get an e-mail announcing 2.0, but only offering a discount and not a free upgrade.

Perhaps Alexey's mistake was not to name 1.5 actually 2.0, and then name this new version 2.5 or 3.0. I dunno, it's all very strange that's all.

Personally I am not terribly mad, as a matter of fact I just wish there were more tutorials available rather than added functionality. The only thing that would make me upset is if 1.5 ends up not working with H18, and then we're stuck having to pay an extra $100 just to gain compatibility.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 2:17 AM, Alexey Vanzhula said:

thank you Alexey.  I was confused at first.  Any chance of tutorials on this?  I am still somewhat new to Houdini. 

Edited by bobc4d