Howdy!

I'm not leaving anytime soon.

It was 2002 when I found this place, I was a lurker for a few years before making and account and saying a word. 

I think it was the Apprentice edition combined with 3DBuzz free training + 3D World magazine that got me here. Such an exciting feeling i had knowing absolutely nothing. Nowadays, i now know what i don't know...... which is still a lot!

But I use Houdini everyday for work while many of my colleagues are still forced to use Maya, and I think this place is partly responsible for that in creating a truly creative community that embraces the sharing of knowledge, one that has never devolved into petty drama (which often happens with old school forums etc). 

Thanks Marc for making this place, i dont think i would have a career using Houdini if i didnt have help from the amazing people here. SESI have their official forums (as they should), but this is THE Houdini community for me and many others.
Here's to another 20 years. 

• Like 4

On 4/14/2021 at 9:46 AM, abvfx said:

I think it was the Apprentice edition combined with 3DBuzz free training + 3D World magazine that got me here. Such an exciting feeling i had knowing absolutely nothing. Nowadays, i now know what i don't know...... which is still a lot!

lmao was it the one with the horrible face modeling tutorial for houdini 5.5 or so ? That was the one for me :) It really opened my mind to proceduralism.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2021 at 12:28 AM, symek said:

Jesus Christ, we are sad people. 17 years.

It's been a long and illustrious carreer. I think this website has been going for ~23 years now. Time flies when you're having fun ;) 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Great to have you guys still around!

How did you experience the community changing? Sometimes I read older posts and feel like back in the days the community was more skilled and willing to share, but maybe I'm wrong and it's just the few posts standing out?

Hey Alex! I'm alive and kicking still reading stuff over here... Wish I had the time to contribute more, just too busy these days.  Still interacting and promoting this lovely software on a daily basis!!