VEX Sun

MIguel P

You chould add star field on the background, it would be shine!

I doubt any camera that registers the surface of the sun as dark would show stars in the same image *grin*

Looking good in any case!

(I like the first one a bit more)

eetu.

yeah i agree adding stars wouldnt be a great idea.

It can work if you show the sun at normal exposure, with faint stars then bring it down to show all the detail of the sun.

Awesome work.

Edited by phrenzy84

Man that sun is amazing, it really wouldn't look out of place in any blokbuster movie on the screens today. I do tend to like your first image best though. I'm pretty new to houdini and this forum but checking your prevoius posts i have to say that the work that you knock out really is first rate. If you don't mind me asking where have you learned to do such work VOPS/VEX work etc, any key tutorials or is it more experimenting? Ever thought of doing any training dvds, i for one would pay good money to learn some of this kinda stuff!

Nice one

D

I think I'm going to keep the noise pattern from the second version, but with the colors of the first one, not so yellowish. I'll post the image later!

Man that sun is amazing, it really wouldn't look out of place in any blokbuster movie on the screens today. I do tend to like your first image best though. I'm pretty new to houdini and this forum but checking your prevoius posts i have to say that the work that you knock out really is first rate. If you don't mind me asking where have you learned to do such work VOPS/VEX work etc, any key tutorials or is it more experimenting? Ever thought of doing any training dvds, i for one would pay good money to learn some of this kinda stuff!

Thanks man :) Mostly experimenting. There are now some tutorials about vops at sidefx, so they might be good.

• 2 weeks later...