• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Amazing Chang!

I'm glad to hear that. :)

By the way, has anyone noticed a new mov clip on odForce gallery?

Yes! It's, well, pretty awesome! (And I am not exaggerating!)

I am still in the learning phases of all these advanced types of animations within Houdini. So may I ask you one question chang? Since you're one of the best I've seen so far regarding this.

Do you use standard expressions within Houdini? or do you write custom scripts? (with VEX? cmd? TK?)

Do you use standard expressions within Houdini? or do you write custom scripts? (with VEX? cmd? TK?)

No custom script or cmds. It was only with network and some standard expression.

Is this a good news?

By the way, Calosus, are you having some results on LightWave + Houdini cooperation?

Cuz, I also need to do LW import job on houdini.

No custom script or cmds. It was only with network and some standard expression.

Is this a good news?

By the way, Calosus, are you having some results on LightWave + Houdini cooperation?

Cuz, I also need to do LW import job on houdini.

Good news? I think it is! Since it gives me a better clue of how things are done in Houdini.

Speaking of LightWave, I have been expirimenting with LWMO's (LightWave Motion files). I managed to apply the animations from a simple box that I've animated in LightWave to a box in Houdini. I must add that it was mostly done by hand in Houdini, though the LWMO helped me quite a lot. So there aren't any (real) results yet so far... But don't worry, I am not giving up already :)

I was also thinking about making a (small) script where you could interpret, fundamental parts, of LWS files. So that you can read the LWO's within Houdini. You can read the models via Houdini's LWO importer or OBJ (because LW6.*+ files tend to give problems in Houdini) I'll only need to see how to properly convert LWMO data to Houdini. Not sure how and to what yet, I was thinking about TK/cmd and CHOPS.

So anyways, I'll see what I can do in my spare time asides school... Also, don't worry, when I get results I'll surely let you know! :lol:

I still have one question, regarding this thread.

Have you built VOPs for the displacement effects? Or have you made some sort of grid out of all boxes and then somehow managed to control it via an image/sequence?