Anyone here dabbling in cryptocurrencies?

magneto

Hi,

I don't know if it's appropriate to post it here but I wanted to get some opinions from people working in the same industry. It seems very interesting and there are a lot of opportunities to take advantage considering people who can master Houdini are above the average IQ level to take up this and start having some success.

I am still new in this but it's interesting to see how it spread even in the office quite rapidly :)

Our office has been contaminated with crypto currencies as well.  We have two groups, the ones that buy them and will wait for a few years, and the ones that try and play with them on exchanges to try and maximize profit.

I personally started with ethereum last summer, now my portfolio is diversified in smaller coins like Ripple, Metal, Mana , Funfair and more... I'm using tradingview.com as main source of information, following a few experienced users there can help a lot.

I have looked into it over 1 year ago for the techology aspect and didnt invest much time. My resume today: I'm a big idiot.

At the moment i invest a bit time into ethereum and soon iota. 

The best thing would be to go to a meetup for blockchain and co. To meet people and get drunk. 

If there is something you want to know ask google. :D i'm not a expert. 

8 hours ago, magneto said:

considering people who can master Houdini are above the average IQ level

i do,  but this sounds very elitist and pedantic, <_<<_< <_<  i would quote stephen hawkins phrase about people bragging about IQs  here, but i wont.   i dont take bitcoin investment as my only income,  ive seen great winners  and great loses aswell,  get in with your money only when you know what are you doing.   

Edited by dyei nightmare

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I originally mined a bitcoin back in mid/early 2011, when it was possible on a single personal machine! I gave up, as it took about a day and a half to mine one coin, and they were worth about 4 bucks. I had that coin kicking around a wallet.dat for a while that I promptly forgot about, and then in 2013 the price spiked up to $1000. I scrambled to find the wallet.dat, luckily, found it and quickly sold it on Mt. Gox. The same week the Mt. Gox hack/scandal happened... Still in their bankruptcy proceedings, apparently I will see that money some day hahaha.

If only I knew!