Dual mesh to Voronoi mesh

RTHMan

11 hours ago, Bennell said:

Is there a way I can change a dual mesh into a Voronoi mesh? Here's a link to a dual mesh video. Houdini Quicktip 004 Quick Dual mesh - YouTube

what do you call Voronoi mesh? It's sort of the same principle, so it really comes down to what you are expecting

but if you just want to go from dual back to the original topology, you can do another dual mesh operation (you may need to uncheck Convex Polygons)

12 minutes ago, konstantin magnus said:

You could look into displacing a high-resolution mesh with voronoise in a point VOP.
For the time being, here is a way to populate a surface with real scales.

scales_pig_karma.thumb.jpg.db3438462e6e5d9ebb289c160c57d0b8.jpg

scales.hiplc

I need a workflow to create real scales like the ones in this video. They are done with a proprietary tool called RepTile.

08_RepTile_Scale_Test_01_InitialTest.mp4

:lol: Confuse-a-Cat ...

Check those fingers boom bomm

int numPt = npoints(1);
vector pos[];
vector otherP;

for( int  i = 0; i <numPt; i ++ ) {
        otherP = point(1,"P",i);
        append(pos,otherP);
        }

float ds = ch("ds");
foreach(vector iPos;pos){
    float dist = distance(iPos,@P);
    ds = min(dist,ds);
    }

@Cd = ds;

dfggg.jpg

• Like 1

One of the things I have loved about odforce for years is how very generous so many talented artists are on here, but this thread really underscores the downside of that when people abuse that spirit.

I'm amazed that multiple artists who have generously and repeatedly provided advice and source files for various methods are simply being given repeated requests for additional free work as thanks for their time. 

Presumably you are being paid for your work generated with such specific requirements, yet at no point in this entire thread have you indicated any thanks or gratitude to those who have posted solutions to help you, simply demanded more work from theim for free in a rude manner.

Perhaps consider making an effort with some of the various methods already offered, and post a .hip file showing you've put any work whatsoever into resolving your request rather than continuing to demand that others simply hand you fully-formed solutions for you to profit off of.

Edited by ryew
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, Bennell said:

I've been trying to for a while now.

@ryew Typically  how World and everything around us work ...if not to for Crying Than just have Fun and Listen to Satriani and Love your nearest -nothing more really -F.ck the Capitalism.

@Bennell Eishhhh Now you have tuto completo Just warm up the Chair and share ...
With this tricks and if you search UV tricks  you can make nice Scales .

xcccx.jpg

• 6 months later...