All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. H17 Water Rendering Issues

Hay there @kleer001 I think I found the issue. On the Problem frames, the Surface seems to be creating another surface inside. Check the image below where I am inside the surface, and I have circled the internal surface bubble. I am not sure what is causing this but if I then go inside that internal surface bubble, the Normals are pointing inward which is giving the volume a hard time. I have no idea how to fix this. I hope it makes sense what I wrote here.
  3. Today
  4. Normal Force in Dop

Hey, your explosion range parameter in the vops was set too high so it was affecting both walls. I've added a ghetto drag so it's more accurate. Cheers, normalForce_fixed.hipnc
  5. Smoke density based on ramp

I don't really understand what you want to achieve, but why don't you multiply the density by the color of your emission zone ? And then you can remultiply it with a constant after to control the amount of density, if you want more or less.
  6. Thank you very much. Problem is when I change camera position, the projection type reverts to it's default mode, I mean "Perspective" ! Is this a bug?
  7. Hi; What’s this button for, and what is its name? Is there any tutorial/example about how to use it? Thanks.
  8. Hi guys; 1) How can I filter display of keyframed channels on timeline? ( i.e. just show keyframes of Rotation, or Scale ). 2) Is there a way to color code main transform channels (PRS) in timeline, like other 3d software? Thanks.
  9. Hello; In a font SOP, is there any way to use "Persian" or "Arabic" fonts in Houdini? Thanks.
  10. smoke trail render

Thanks,I will try.
  11. smoke trail render

Could you recommend some tutorial about this?I can't find any of them.
  12. Yesterday
  13. Normal Force in Dop

Hi i couldn't figure out how i use multiple geometry vop in dop. i have two objects which have different force direction from normals but i can't get both direction force. i need help please. normalForce.hipnc
  14. smoke trail

Thanks Andrii
  15. Bahahah, I understand. Ive kinda given up on it and I'm still thinking about how I can solve it, just seems interesting that no one's asked it. Thank you for the huge help I'll give it a go
  16. Smoke density based on ramp

Hi everybody, I am new to houdini and i am already scared. I know how to emit pyro from colors by using ramp than a delete node with a $CR < 0.1/.5/.8. on my emitter it work but i want to control the "density" of the emission based on the gray level of my ramp/paint node. Meaning white zone = 100% emission dark zone = 0% thanks you
  17. FOUND an OPTION to rotate the Fluid Tank. It works with *Fluid Solver *fluidconfigureobject *fluidobject Only.... Dont know how are you going to USE IT IN OCEAN. I dont even have time for that right now. But you can DO SOME RND bud. Add a "fluidobject" and add a Position Node and in the Initial Data tab "Position Data Path" plug in the path "../Position". Also Rename the position node to "Position". This way is NO LONGER USEFUL since the Flip Solver is introduced. Still dont know why I'm POSTING THIS. LOL
  18. Is my GPU no longer supported? Houdini 16 works fine on my system but no go on version 17. No crash reports generated in tmp AMD FirePro D300 OSX 10.11.1 Here is a pic of what happens each launch. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EZcH_Ea9CQ75KMTJP6wEDeYgwWc7kghX
  19. Hi Odforce, I've got this funky track that has a curve as path for this rubber-thingy. Im trying to get it to follow the path along its normals. But its not working along at obj level. Probably its something very basic. Hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance, Marco Track Parent allong curve.hipnc
  20. Hi guys, I have trouble with selecting multiple primitive groups inside the group delete sop. I can only select one primitive group at a time where sometimes I have hundreds which takes ages to finish. I did tried to use Shift+Left Mouse Click, Shift + Space+ Left Mouse Click, Space bar + Enter and so on. But none of these works for my purpose. Please help me with that.
  21. problems with collision and alembic

Try disabling the geometry visualization to better see if the actual collision gemetry is consistent as a first step, it is possible that there is a discrepancy betwheen the two!
  22. Cut a moving object with solver ?

Hi Antoine, to continuously remove parts, it's more reliable to do the subtractions in a voxel field rather than immediately on the mesh. saw.hipnc
  23. Redshift users, post your tips tricks here please!

Hey everyone, I think i need some help with volumes rendering I am building a scene which has both neon lights that create a nice neon-like foggy look and regular pyro volumes. I was wondering if it was possible to selectively activate the “volumetric scattering” options in the Redshift Rop in order to make only some of the lights in the scene create the said foggy look and still have regular volumes render as normal smokes etc. Thank you for your time Frankie
  24. Cut a moving object with solver ?

My problem: simulate a table saw; object come to one side of the blade and ends up to the other side of the blade with material removed where the blade touched the object. My strategy: boolean subtract the blade from the object at each step of the trajectory.
  25. Genetic Algorithms in Houdini

I am not sure if this is the appropriate forum. I recently wondered how hard it would be to implement genetic algorithms in SOPs. The particular example I was curious about was if I could turn a box into a sphere by optimizing for a target function that maintains volume but minimizes surface area. Overall, this was easier than I thought and did not involve all that much code. I ended up recording a video that explains this: The underlying motivation was to get this working in PDG but I figured I had to start with SOPs first. Let me know what you think.
  1. Load more activity