All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Vellum Peel

Very nice, Thank you man=)
  3. Vellum Peel

Hahahaha nice!!
  4. FEM Target Stiffness per point

I think I figured it out. I thought the docs are quite unclear. This is what the docs say: ""Expert users can control targeting at the vertex level using the pintoanimation, targetstiffness, targetdamping, targetP, and targetV vertex attributes." Apparently it's the combination of @targetstrength together @targetdamping. It must have changed in later releases. Just posting this for anyone running into the same problem. Cheers Ralph
  5. 32GB Ram 3200mhz ryzen 5 1600 Hi again guys. Basically I have been struggling a lot with cacheing a simulation. I´ve tried .bgeo .sim and multiple resolutions on the pyro I would hate to keep lowering the res because of ram issues. I diseabled "Cache Simulation" and I still keep on feeling my Cache. I dont mind waiting days for the cache if necesary (it is a big simulation, probably 40 meters long I guess) and to be honest, I might not know in depth how to control pyros. Hopefully you can help me here
  6. Hello, I'm sure my title for this post could be clearer, so for visualization purposes, say I have a field of discs that are RBD Packed Objects on the XZ plane, and above them there's a sphere with gravity: Normally the sphere would fall onto the discs and the discs would act more or less like a ground object, but I'm trying to have the discs raise up depending on each one's respective distance to the sphere. So far I've found that the positions of the discs (RBD Packed Objects) can be controlled in a sop solver within the dopnet, but I have no idea how to reference the position of the simulated geometry (the sphere) to inform the discs' positions. Can anyone show me the way? My ultimate goal is to eventually replicate the desired effect with the sphere being a vellum object.. would that require a different workflow? Here's my setup so far that may or may not save you a minute: sample.hipnc Thanks for taking a look!
  7. Vellum Peel

I took time to put in some comments in the vellumsolver, hope that helps....here's the file. vu_wallpeel.hiplc
  8. Hi everyone, Does anybody know how I can set an HDA's parameters with an external Text or Python File? For example how would I change the sizex and sizey parameters of a Grid SOP in the HDA. Thank you, I appreciate any help! - Von Doom
  9. Yesterday
  10. The Book of Shaders in Houdini Vex

One quick question. Why use a inline code in vop instead of just vex in wrangle ? is it more fast ?
  11. By the way, here is a quick and dirty approach using the path deformer (combined with a point bevel/round this should work for any angle). It was just an idea ... pipesorient02B.hipnc
  12. You've saved my ass, thanks so much for your help! (Also, neat path deformer!)
  13. you can set v@N directly to dir, which is a more general solution, but the corner should be rectangular, if your pipe is rectangular aswell. pipesorient02A.hipnc
  14. Thanks so much Aizatulin, that's exacly what I was looking for. All this orientation math is a big weakspot of mine. I wanted to ask if you had a quick solution if I wanted to change the elevation of the curve like in the picture below?
  15. Hi, parallel transport cannot handle this issue alone, because the (red)object has to invert its orientation, if you have a "right/left" corner. I would prefer a parallel transport implementation, which sets the v@up and v@N attributes for each point, because the "copy to points" node can use these attributes aswell and it will be easier to modify vectors. To determine the type of the corners you can use the average of the neighbour points and compare the direction to it with v@N value (using the dot product). If the product < 0, you can multiply v@N with -1, but note, that you destroy the parallel transport frame. There are probably other solutions out there ... pipesorient02.hipnc
  16. Floating Fountain

A passion project re-using footage shot a few years ago. The water is split into two sims: the first covering the sphere and the downward stream, the other filling the basin and overflowing around the sides. A total of over 7 million particles make up the fluid sim. Software used: Houdini Redshift Nuke
  17. The Book of Shaders in Houdini Vex

Maybe it's useful for someone? just sharing what I have learned. vopS7.hipnc
  18. When creating and caching out subsets on a simulation is it also necessary to change your Global Animation Options? ie if your subsets are 4, disabling 'Integer frame Values' in Global Animation Options and setting Step to .25.
  19. Thanks for the help so far, this seems like a much more sensible and stable way to do things, even if it is a bit over my head. I'm afraid I'm still having issues though when it comes to orienting the corner pieces. My latest hip is below if someone wants to take a look, you can see my problem in the attached image. pipesorient02.hip
  20. Creating subtle animation from a single VDB

I know this is obvious but have you tried animating the offset in your volume noise. Also Flow noise has a time channel to animate.
  21. Finally I found most closest way. The big challenge was to find such parameter for breaking threshold to keep sphere while some noises and velocities. I also found that best look for motion is when you use Pyro as source of velocity and add some random area initial velocities to pyro source object linefracture.hiplc
  22. For a square it's quite simple. Measure the perimeter and divide it by the number of edges (4) to get the length of each edge. Or measure the area and take the root of that. It's not as simple for a rectangle, there you could instead use Convert Line SOP. It will convert the edges to a line and give you the length in "restlength".
  23. get back to object

thanks
  24. Sorry I dont really follow up whats constant material builder? I already have a principled shader assigned to the torus but does not work
  25. I used the measure node by how can I find out the very precise measures in meters of the primitive (.. meters by .. meters), say for primitive 13 and 11.
  26. Textures not showing up on OpenGL render

use constant material builder sorry for delay.
  1. Load more activity