All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. need help with design process (slime modeling)

Now you won't something else hm you have files here just 'warm up the Chair' @typerhack Master Class Vellum vimeo.com/340544320
  4. Houdini on AMD EPYC?

Howdy, Is anyone running Houdini on an EPYC system, and if so, have you experienced any issues? I am thinking of the hard crashes that myself and others had with Core Performance Boost enabled on Threadripper machines. I don't know if that is still an issue with Zen2 Threadripper systems or if EPYC even uses the same clock boosting scheme.
  5. need help with design process (slime modeling)

Thank you for the post you shared. I really want to get this effect but this is very simple. What i am looking for is like the video about the tool in the page. Do you have any advice for getting this effect.
  6. need help with design process (slime modeling)

Thanks for the answer but this is not the type of the effect i am looking for. I want to feel the tension. Like the muscle texture in the picture.
  7. thank's a lot ... that's cool ..
  8. Python - Integer to String

Bingo. Thanks for the help guys!
  9. Python - Integer to String

Just cut/paste the old node or save your scene and reopen, it probably has your str still overwritten and cached somewhere
  10. Python - Integer to String

I did have 'str' set as a variable elsewhere in the code. But even after I got rid of it, the error persisted. But I have managed to get it working now. I solved it by making a new Python SOP and using the same code - initially I was copy/pasting lines and seeing where it broke. Weird how I now have two python nodes side by side with the same inputs, the old one errors and the new one is fine.
  11. Python - Integer to String

got f26 Indie 18.0.287
  12. Python - Integer to String

should work, unless you overwrote str with something else higher in the script, like str = "something"
  13. Python - Integer to String

In the Python SOP, I've run into a wall trying to get an integer converted to a string. In the larger picture, I'm trying to subtract 1 from a value which is currently part of a string. There are probably neater ways to write these steps, but I'm fairly new to Python so I'm writing it all out to make things easier to follow. I start with a string such as: string = "f27" Then remove the 'f' like so: string = string[1:] Convert it to an integer: integer = int(string) Subtract 1 from the value: integer -= 1 set new string string_new = "f" + str(integer) The last line returns an error on the Python SOP: TypeError: str() object is not callable. This is confusing because these same steps work just fine in the Python shell. Is there an alternative to str(), or am I using it wrong?
  14. Hi, You can just average out all the points found in the point cloud lookup where you are coloring them, and either create new points at the computed center or store it as an attribute.
  15. Integer Attribute from Group Name

I've been trying to solve why I'm getting an error ? foreach(string grp01;grp_01){ if(inprimgroup(0,grp01,"grp_01")) append(i@[]primGrp,@numprim);
  16. Yesterday
  17. Here is another approach (similar to the previous). rough ideas: use pcfind() to get clusterpoints and add polylines (for connectivity) remove points which are isolated get connectivity classes create dummy points (one for each class), which should be the center points later each point should get all cluster points as vector array attribute (using for each is possible) create average over all vector array for each point to get the center Probably there are faster solutions. CenterOfEachColoni_01.hipnc
  18. Wedging Specific Values

The Wedge TOP can handle this... just enable "Target Parameter", point to the attribute you want to vary, and then set the Wedge Type to Value List and type in the values you want. Then write the results out via a ROP Geometry TOP. The Wedge TOP example file at the bottom of the help card is a pretty good explanation.
  19. Wedging Specific Values

Hi, Is there a way to wedge a parameter using several values that I specify? I can only see how to use randomized values or equally spaced values within a range. But what if I want to wedge with 0.3, 1.2 and 15, for example? Thanks!
  20. Thank you "Milad", but I'm looking for the best way to calculate the center of those clusters.
  21. Redshift Volume Motion Blur need Help!

What version of RS are you using? If you can you share a file, it would help to debug.
  22. CG Master Academy is searching for active industry professionals using Houdini for fluid FX to develop and teach an online course. Flexible scheduling with a 3-5 hour per week schedule footprint depending on class size. Minimum Requirements: must have 4-7 years of professional experience in feature film/animation and/or game projects and a current demo reel showcasing work specifically in procedural modeling. Preferable: Some experience teaching or training artists would be helpful in this role. Please send resume/work history, as well as a link to your website and/or demo reel, to jobs@cgmasteracademy.com.
  23. Hey Masoud /; check hip file it's that what you want ? it's not clean way but maybe work ... / I think your start Method can be better for distributions Points Cluster .. CenterOfEachColoni_01.hip
  24. CG Master Academy is searching for active industry professionals using Houdini for crowd simulation to develop and teach an online course. Flexible scheduling with a 3-5 hour per week schedule footprint depending on class size. Minimum Requirements: must have 4-7 years of professional experience in feature film/animation and/or game projects and a current demo reel showcasing work specifically in procedural modeling. Preferable: Some experience teaching or training artists would be helpful in this role. Please send resume/work history, as well as a link to your website and/or demo reel, to jobs@cgmasteracademy.com.
  25. CG Master Academy is searching for active industry professionals using Houdini for cloth simulation to develop and teach an online course. Flexible scheduling with a 3-5 hour per week schedule footprint depending on class size. Minimum Requirements: must have 4-7 years of professional experience in feature film/animation projects and a current demo reel showcasing work specifically in procedural modeling. Preferable: Some experience teaching or training artists would be helpful in this role. Please send resume/work history, as well as a link to your website and/or demo reel, to jobs@cgmasteracademy.com.
  26. License Error

best thing is to contact SideFX support, they are very helpful
  1. Load more activity