SamXY

get rid of mushroom effect in explosion and add details in the opening

Hey Jeff,

This is great info for a commonly faced problem in Houdini. Any chance of these solutions, or information making it into the package?

Also, we've had great luck varying Disturbance by the speed of the Simulation. Actually Sam Hancock figured that one out. Really saved us on some prevous shows!

-j

Guest tar

Awesome info; If Jeff had a 'tip' jar I bet he would be very rich ;)

Great infos. I'd really love to see this kind of info put into the docs with some example images showing the differences (as well as sim time differences) between some of the techniques too.

Thanks for the valuable info !

One question, how would one "set the density field as both your Threshold Field to control the cut-off threshold for the disturbance"

Not sure of the syntax to read a field in.

Thanks

I sent you a message on vimeo, but I'm posting it here too if anyone has the same issue :

Hi,

thats because you are bringing another object to simulation, and Gas Field Wrangle is not pointing to specific object data to update velocity but is using "*" instead.
To make it work find "set_vel_from_particles" node and go to Inputs Tab. There is a field called Input2 DOP Data, which points to "*/`chs("../createpoints/datapath")`". Change "*" with the name of your smoke object, for example "smokeobject1/`chs("../createpoints/datapath")`" and it should work as you expect.
Cheers!

Edit:

you may also try 

$OBJNAME/`chs("../createpoints/datapath")` 

if you don't want to change the name of the data each time when object name changes.

Edited by rayman
  • Like 7

Thanks Jeff!
That's a wealth of information there. Much appreciated.

Matt.