vellum and FLIP feedback force (floating vellum)

gpapaioa

Playing with vellum and FLIP, trying to create floating vellum objects.

a. Using a simple Merge node with Mutual Collide Relationship, works for the Rigid Body solver but not for the Vellum solver.

b. The vellum object doesn't collide at all with FLIP but when turning the Merge node to LeftAffectsRights, collision works but as expected no feedback force from FLIP.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

vellum.png

Edited by gpapaioa

but surely if you 'mesh' your fluid....then that mesh is just another 'collider' to Vellum, ie. in particlefluid, particlefluidsurface...I would feed that into Vellum as a collider....

EDIT: hmm..while it sounds nice in theory...in practice, I guess because the mesh geo have changing point counts / topology....it doesn't play nice as collider as I would have hoped.

(in my little test that is...I'm using a sphere emitter....while if you are using a tank....maybe the point counts won't change ? dunno)

Edited by Noobini

52 minutes ago, Noobini said:

EDIT: hmm..while it sounds nice in theory...in practice, I guess because the mesh geo have changing point counts / topology....it doesn't play nice as collider as I would have hoped.

how about using a proxy SDF volume as your collision object for Vellum? 

Hello Jesper,

My problem is not collision. Collision is working fine when you turn the relationship between the vellum solver and the FLIP solver to LeftAffectsRight. The problem is how the vellum and FLIP solver will work parallel like the the RBD solver. The soft body should collide with the FLIP particles but the FLIP should also apply the feedback force on the vellum DOP object.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...