Librarian

Ola Peoples!

I'm just gonna post my adventure regarding and learning more about organic form and modeling. Have fun :wub:, and I hope that someone can help with tips and other Trix in Vex or just enjoying this Topic.

Starting model, it's Lily - L-system.

Reading

ON GROWTH AND FORM BY D’ARCY WENTWORTH THOMPSON
Cambridge:
at the University Press
This is not for professionally CG artists only for Hobbyist-sss  :D

life8.gif

life2.jpg

• Like 7

5 lesson.

Learned more about Groups and polygons, and how to connect those in the right way(Resample Geometry node) .Thanx to @konstantin magnus wonderful tutorials on youtube.

Then, how to import and export data curves to geometry and manipulate different attributes. Funny how everything connects in such a beautiful way Hm.:wub:

Mainly goal to achieve (Cell)

recommend visiting------ Bastian J. Schiffer and  Tesla's fan (Vimeo).

cell.jpg

• Like 3

6 Lesson.

Now after some learning and digging on Qlib examples. I found that if thinking like you are working in Photoshop or same based layer program, playing with attributes and chops you can make Base shapes to be able later to define something bigger.

I used attribute mirror and modulo with Chops.

Now I'm gonna have fun with RDG old files (displacement-subdivide ) found here on Odforce.

cell.gif

8 lesson.

:wub:Now, this must move-Dance, have fun basically.:D

Solver

Dops Pio MIo

L-system (build everything, mostly fun with Architecture). Just copy paste and use some shapes with some accurate normal DIR you can build funny stuff.

I learned a lot from Yancy Lindquist.

Solver  Like solver solver (repeating) .

For lazy people Ameba file. :P I use Houdini 16.5 :wacko:

Ameba.hipnc

lsys2.jpg

lsys1.jpg

motion.gif

Ameba.gif

• Like 5

9 lesson.

Now I must learn more about triangle carve and generally how to find in triangle something else  :wacko:.

I found this Dude @sweetdude09 and @petz thanx for lessons and examples.

I always wanted to have in Houdini (procedural for a tattoo , UI, Fui, Gui, UNx, Mechanic shapes, etc) roof tutorial @konstantin magnus

Basically triangles in copy stamp bunch of ...endless possibility... then a group by the edge with various angle and just finding those shapes with some luck.

motion590.gif

motion59.gif

motion5.gif

• Like 3

10 lesson.

More patterns and more attributes, now learning about promoting and intersections, combining with colors( and using in solver with vertices) ., and how to project those patterns to some other 3d figures (shapes )

Learned a lot from Anastasia Opara ...and    ...wordpress.discretization.de/houdini/... projectione from cgwiki

Now having fun with NURBS modeling like a Rhinoceros with wonderful examples from @Aizatulin that I hope in the future he does more stuff :wub:

creep.jpg

projec.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Learning more about noise- Polar cords  ( how to make those Haeckel figures and attribute mirror ) and using @petz examples. I  found something nice (because it's in Vops) so I like it, its file from Raphaël Gadot ..Mestela approach nice talk ( Hypercubes )

and combining with Qlib ...Need to learn more about, for-each, how to isolate those primitives-curves? More to learn. :wub:

file from Gadot ..

hypercube_rotation_simple.hipnc

edsss8844.gif

edsss88441477.gif

• Like 3

11 lesson.

Now when I have some knowledge about splines polygons, I must find a way to make fast procedural shapes ...and for that, I m gonna use cellular automata and a lot of technical stuff that I learned from/  houdinifx.jp/blog/ ,  ( and it seems everyone else :D) Old file from

Akira Saito.(exact what I need ) :rolleyes:

Next to learn about VDB.

roundSurfaceBevelSample01.hiplc

creatures.jpg

• Like 1

On 24/02/2020 at 8:33 AM, Librarian said:

11 lesson.

Now when I have some knowledge about splines polygons, I must find a way to make fast procedural shapes ...and for that, I m gonna use cellular automata and a lot of technical stuff that I learned from/  houdinifx.jp/blog/ ,  ( and it seems everyone else :D) Old file from

Akira Saito.(exact what I need ) :rolleyes:

Next to learn about VDB.

roundSurfaceBevelSample01.hiplc

creatures.jpg

That is great Tesan. At first i thought you played with voroinoid fracture, cluster, scatter to get these but looking at your file, im confused now . Do you think you could elaborate a little more ? :rolleyes:

Your productivity drives me nuts :)

• Like 1