1. General

1. 26.3k

For all commercial tools, HDA's etc.

1. 64.6k

1. 6.3k

1. 3.4k

This is where the cool unofficial challenges live on!

1. Other 3d Packages

Maya,XSI,Blender,etc

Graphics cards etc.

1. 1.5k

• There are several problems/issues you'll have to deal with (here are some ideas): as you already mentionend, each curve(prim) needs a unique reference prim. If you sort by Y you can have multiple prims with the same Y-coordinate. if you move the point setting a threshold, every point, which is slightly lower won't move (maybe you can set a smooth transition - ramp based on distance) you probably have to use a feedback loop (with a defined hierarchy based on the Y-coordinate), because if a reverence prim has already moved points you want to use the new points and not the old ones Here is example trying to solve the first problem, but I don't think this will work for every situation. collect all prims, where average y is lower than the current prim sort prims by distance filter by smallest (with tolerance) (expensive) now check for every point the smallest distance to each prim sort by smallest distance and filter by global distance threshold It is possible, that you can have multiple primtives below a curve (or even none). In your example primitive 77 has no reference which is close and primitive 103 has even two which are close. So you probably want to loop over all references (for 77 the list is empty and for 103 you have two elements). stacking_example_mod.hipnc
    • hello new to this forum and houdini, looking for some insight into some strange artifacts I'm seeing in a recent karma render of a simple vellum solve cache. the cache looks smooth enough and the UV's look alright post cache but it seems no matter what I do I end up with what looks like stop motion or jittering in my final render.  I've eliminated the following possible offenders from my guesses at offending variables: davinci playback (working fine with other renders from same houdini project)  timescale within vellum solver set to default and also slowed to .25 substeps within solver set to everything between 1 and 10 sub divisions within cache both divided and not divided no cache at all pre final render different materials on render simplified collision geometry can anyone help me identify the issue in the attached mp4? I'm sure I must be overlooking something quite straightforward Attachments:  whatishappening.mp4 testytest.mp4
    • oh I didn't tried to pack the geo before passing it through the rbd configure. I assumed that it was accepting only polygons and always packing it afterwards.  Thanks! 
  • Topics