All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Snow Solver

You can use a grain solver
  3. Snow Solver

Hello, everyone! Have you ever used the HDK snow solver for effects? I'm currently looking for examples for it. I'd gladly accept any examples, even with another solver, not necessarily the HDK one. Thanks!
  4. Today
  5. Rigid Body _ initial Ground Collision

Thank you for your fast reply. Your solution works well. But in this case the bottom boxes would never be affected by the simulation. Is it possible to make the initial position a rest position defined previously by the node rest position ?
  6. Run script in Command Line tools with Python

Ok, build a tool to render a list of HIP files without Hscript and batch files, via Python Directly.
  7. Hi, I am working on an airplane destruction with a skeleton underneath the fuselage. At first this worked quite well. ( SimV15_V5_goodImpact ) But after importing a newer version of the model with wings it completely ruins the simulation. ( SimV15_V7_Glitch ). Once I removed the breaks in the fuselage and skeleton mesh it works as it should again but the skeleton glitches through the fuselage. ( SimV15_V7_WingFixSkeletonBug2 ). So I know why this happens but I don't know how to fix it. I also don't really understand why the skeleton glitches through the fuselage mesh all of a sudden. Can two deformable surfaces work together properly? In attachments, you can find the file ( Simtest_15_V10WingFix_SkeletonIssue ) and the ABC ( B25_V30_Turbo_AllWingsV2 ) Btw I used steven knippings rigids 3 tutorial to get the metal deformation. Thanks in advance SimV15_V5_goodImpact.mp4 SimV15_V7_Glitch.mp4 SimV15_V7_WingFixSkeletonBug2.mp4 Simtest_15_V10WingFix_SkeletonIssue.hipnc B25_V30_Turbo_AllWingsV2.ABC
  8. "standard" pyro and deforming mesh

Ah yes, indeed it works better. It's not entirely flawless, though - there is still that annoying lag behind as if the flames were pursuing the model limbs rather than being attached to it. Fun fact, I did try to crank up the Burn Rate a lot higher but I never tried settng the maximum, and the result is faaar different between 0.99 and 1.0 ! Anyway, in the end, after letting it rest for the night and trying to make it work for a few days, I'm quite dissatisfied with the provided pyro workflow. I'm quite sure I'm not entirely wrong about how I'm doing things but it requires so many patches and fixes to work 'well' that it ends up taking too much time simulating only to get a clunky result. I guess I'm better off with the 'fake' fire methods, temperature field manipulation and all that jazz. I mean, it's like building a house from scratch rather than trying to plug the leak in an old manor. Or something like that. I may be wrong though, and I'd be curious to hear about people successfully getting nice and realistic fires using the pyrosolver model...
  9. Rigid Body _ initial Ground Collision

Hello, simplest way to achieve your goal is to set point attribute i@active = 0 on bottom boxes there as on the others set 1. And look some tutorials at sidefx.com about RBD simulation with bullet solver.
  10. Hi, I am trying to get a list of all the extensions that file sop can read/write, for example: bgeo.sc, vdb, abc, etc - with python. Is there a way to load them all into an array without writing it manually one by one? Thanks
  11. Hi There, I am trying to set up a initial state for a grains sim(that has constraints). I saw those two tutorials about people having similar problem: https://lesterbanks.com/2018/03/initial-state-houdini-simulations/ [lesterbanks.com] https://forums.odforce.net/topic/21727-set-initial-state/ [forums.odforce.net] It seems like that method works for grains/particles that are with out the constraints though…. Has anyone idea how I can solve that ? Thanks a lot for help! Grains_Initial_State_Test_v01.hiplc
  12. Thoughts on this laptop build?

Thanks for the input. Portability is the number one factor in this purchase - I'm working between two offices and my home so I need something I can take around with me and use to work on different set-ups. The graphics card is mainly for using redshift - the less time I spend watching things render, the better. I have access to a pretty good desktop (threadripper, 64GB Ram) if I need to work on more intensive stuff, but the main thing is something which runs Houdini moderately well and allows me to work on the move.
  13. Hello ! I have a custom ground and I want my object to not move until I have a collision. I connect my ground with my object by a Glue constraint. But so far my object is still moving... Do you have an idea ? Here you can see my simulated object, my red drawing is where I would like my object to be. ODForce_GroundCollision_001.hipnc
  14. Bullet Impacts

Any update to this? Would be awesome !
  15. Upon further investigating, this came up. Hmmm, will Email support with this issue.
  16. Got home tonight excited to work on some Houdini stuff, did a few tests and hit [Render] in render view tab. Render never started with a blue progress bar up top and a message saying: Generating Scene ..... Restarted computer and started a fresh Houdini Scene, dropped in a Test Pig Head and hit render again. Same thing! What's going on?! PS. Indie License if that helps! Please assist!
  17. Vex help

Thank you very much for the explanation.
  18. Vex help

Hi, the foreach loops over all values in the i[]@pts array. Your attributes i@i and i@pt are integer attributes (not arrays), so each attribute value gets overwritten for each turn in the loop. At the end these attributes will have the value of the last run of the loop. If you use arrays for example, you will get all values from the loop. for_each_pts.hipnc
  19. Vex help

Help I am studying Array and I did not understand this: Because I get these values in foreach in the "var int pt". I just do not understand what those values are, let alone what happens. Can anyone explain?
  20. Stretch UI

But usually, it works fine in other apps... Can I delete width and height attributes (or set them to non-fixed values)? I had no luck with deleting <width>296</width> and <height>70</height>. I suppose this is because of parenting my UI to Houdini main window.
  21. Hi there, I am working on my final bullet destruction project for school and I was wondering if there was a way to constrain window glass, for example, to already cached pieces. I am trying to do layered destruction, where I first do the concrete layer then read those into a glass simulation where the glass is constrained to and collides with the concrete cache, and so on. I was told it was possible to do this as follows: "You can unpack pieces of your original sim near your windows and then use a Point Deform SOP to bind your packed window pieces to them! As usual, set them to i@active = 0 and i@animated = 1 until you're ready to have their own secondary simulation take them over. You can add all of your preliminary simulation in as a collider too in the same manner" The problem is I am not that familiar with the Point Deform SOP and don't know where to start with it. I have Googled around and haven't found much regarding this topic. I had previous experience with Thinking Particles and this method using cached layers was common. Thanks in advance for any insights. I have attached my hip file in case you want to take a look. Thanks D layered_destruction.hiplc
  22. Yesterday
  23. Od Studios launch

When the going gets weird, the pros turn Od. Best of luck!
  24. Abstract in Houdini - Course

Glad you liked it!:D
  25. Stretch UI

Because in your .ui file you have the width and height attributes are fixed values.?
  26. Euler to orient-matrix inside dops.

its done
  27. Run script in Command Line tools with Python

If I load and render file via Python directly: hou.hipFile.load(file1) rop = hou.node(path_to_rop) rop.render(args) Does it use the same amount of memory as in the case with hscript? As far as I understand you need to load hip file anyway, but if you load it in Houdini it may take a lot of resources to draw the scene in viewport...
  28. Abstract in Houdini - Course

Thanks for free tutorial on volume noise. I Learned Something..
  1. Load more activity