Jump to content

Recommended Posts

@michael That's my mistake and I'm really sorry for that... I got excited and did that :(. But still a lots of people have already watched the video not because of my post but because they follow SideFX on Vimeo and got the notification of that video. But why not use your own server & site for such confidential content?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CinnamonMetal said:

I was expecting TOPs to be completely something else then what I now know it is.  I'm still understanding ROPs so I won't  be touching TOPs for a while.

yeap, i do not get why this is a new context, and not just a improvement to ROP context. But i think sesi have a good reason to do this way. So, let's wait to official announcement brother! :)

Edited by rod.vfx.td

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, koanix5 said:

@michael That's my mistake and I'm really sorry for that... I got excited and did that :(. But still a lots of people have already watched the video not because of my post but because they follow SideFX on Vimeo and got the notification of that video. But why not use your own server & site for such confidential content?

when a video is private we can give the password out to Alpha/Beta/Whatever users, then just switch it to 'Public' when it's ready and we don't have to update any links etc.

 

1 hour ago, rod.vfx.td said:

yeap, i do not get why this is a new context, and not just a improvement to ROP context. But i think sesi have a good reason to do this way. So, let's wait to official announcement brother! :)

this is why we don't like things going public before they are ready :|

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, michael said:

this is why we don't like things going public before they are ready :|

makes absolutely sense Michael! Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, michael said:

when a video is private we can give the password out to Alpha/Beta/Whatever users, then just switch it to 'Public' when it's ready and we don't have to update any links etc.

Okay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't really understand what is PolyDraw (that creates old topobuild SOP). You can connect grid to second input of the TopoBuild SOP to produce same result. And where is magic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Alexey Vanzhula In H16.5, you need a base mesh to manipulate the geometry but in H17, you can use the same tool to create it without needing the base mesh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, koanix5 said:

@Alexey Vanzhula In H16.5, you need a base mesh to manipulate the geometry but in H17, you can use the same tool to create it without needing the base mesh.

If you have no a mesh, you can connect Grid SOP to second input of the TopoBuild SOP. Grid SOP as projection plane. All I saw in the video I can repeat in H16.5 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Alexey Vanzhula said:

Can't really understand what is PolyDraw (that creates old topobuild SOP). You can connect grid to second input of the TopoBuild SOP to produce same result. And where is magic?

No man, the result is not same of add a grid on second input, because in Polydraw you not limited to the grid projection when creating new polys (360 DoF).
And the reason Polydraw creates a topobuild, is because is a WIP tool, so, internally is using topobuild functionality on UI, but with "extras" on code.

Edited by rod.vfx.td
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have been nice in the presentation to show a little box modeling, I know the new school set of modelers like ngons and booleans, puts a chill up my spine; anyhow as I was mentioning, some box modeling would have been nice in the presentation.  

Besides that, there is potential with this tool, and I look forward to using it, as it looks most of the modeling tools found in other packages are in the baseline of polydraw. 

 

Edited by CinnamonMetal
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wish they just copied silo and put it in that polydraw node.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2018 at 3:17 AM, hoi said:

Wish they just copied silo and put it in that polydraw node.

Hopefully we get surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2017 at 4:31 PM, tar said:

Nuke-like way to change the parameter values with keyboard- you can move the value up and down with the up and down arrow keys

NukeValues.gif

yes please! C4D has a similar system but this looks even better!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mapra said:

yes please! C4D has a similar system but this looks even better!

Nuke 11.2 has a new node building feature that allows you to drop and drag parameters to an empty node to construct a Frankennode that's pretty slick.  

https://www.foundry.com/products/nuke/new-releases

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Would be cool if the color picker lets you quickly pick color from wherever you want on your screens, like from a picture in the browser or other software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×