Upgrade shenanigans

Marc

Hello all

Due to an unfortunate series of events we were forced to upgrade the forum software prematurely. Mostly that means that the template is different to what came before. But honestly it might be fine.

The database seems to have made it through unscathed, so everything should work outside of that.

If you find you're missing something, let me know and we'll do our utmost to restore it.

Thanks!

Marc

• Like 9

17 hours ago, Librarian said:

Missing modules on the right side (reply Topic's and New Topic's). I need those for better Way on Helping other user's and navigation.

Let me know if the modules I added are working. These ones are built into the software vs a plugin, but they're less feature rich. I can investigate some more if these aren't good enough.

10 hours ago, Marc said:

Let me know if the modules I added are working. These ones are built into the software vs a plugin, but they're less feature rich. I can investigate some more if these aren't good enough.

Probably something with cookies or CSS (a:visited), right side is here but it's not showing separation in visited and new topics, it was bold title when new and normal after visiting. Easy to see what you already saw but now all is the same. (I'm using Firefox)

Would it be possible to make the code highlighting integrated in messages like before (in terms of colors) ?

The colors are not very well suited for a clear background (the green and orange especially), it is almost impossible to read (see this post for example if someone can read the code :

Otherwise the theme looks very nice !!

Cheers, and happy new year to everyone !

• Like 2

Is there any way to have the right column POSTS show before TOPICS?

It seems more useful, at a glance, to see the last reply on top, rather than having it off screen.

Moving the number count from TOPICS into POSTS would be a nice addition. Then you wouldn't need that TOPICS right column at all.

Another reason to place POSTs before TOPICs is that you end up at the top of the thread when you click TOPICs. Personally, I want to see the last reply, which is what POSTs does. When the topic gets long, it's kind of annoying to have to navigate through the pages to get to the end to see the last comment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 6:12 AM, Atom said:

Another reason to place POSTs before TOPICs is that you end up at the top of the thread when you click TOPICs. Personally, I want to see the last reply, which is what POSTs does. When the topic gets long, it's kind of annoying to have to navigate through the pages to get to the end to see the last comment.

Done.

With regard to the syntax highlighting, it's possible but it requires some hacking of the editors interface thing. I did it on the last version of the forum but forgot how. I'm pretty time constrained, but I'll try get to it soon. 

• Like 2

On 2/2/2023 at 12:18 PM, Marc said:

Done.

With regard to the syntax highlighting, it's possible but it requires some hacking of the editors interface thing. I did it on the last version of the forum but forgot how. I'm pretty time constrained, but I'll try get to it soon. 

A bit inefficient in this case, we have three latest reply for one post in one "Posts" section. In theory, all "Posts" section can be filled with only one topic discussion.

Maybe there is a way to limit with one latest reply per topic in this section?

1695198182_Screenshot2023-02-04at08-26-19odforum.thumb.png.51dccde3eb3dc51583618a35676a985a.png

Currently we're using the default, built in plugin for this which is a bit lacking in the controls aspect. We used to have a plugin which seems to not work for this version of the software? I can keep digging to see if I can find something.

• Like 1