All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. On Growth and Form

Sorry but I just have Fun . file from this guy @satoru. again. like heaven. I just use here qLib attribute shape and attribute Builder..You can model abs everything ccccc...H 16.5 model everything.hipnc
  3. Today
  4. ACES for Attribute from map

Thanks for the reply, Sepu! I have already checked both of these resources, and although they are very informative and useful, especially Chris Brejon's book (all chapters, not only ACES one), there are some areas that seems unclear for me. I understand that for renders, we should convert all textures to ACEScg. So as I understand from your reply, this is also should be applied to the textures if they are used in the Attribute from Maps node.
  5. (Solved)Best way to fix normals?

thanks guys OK.hipnc
  6. ACES for Attribute from map

You have to convert all jpgs, pngs, etc into ACES CG not matter what you used it for, the same goes with your HDRs, linear EXR, etc. If you want to work in ACES. Also, it depends on your render of choice if fully works in ACES. There is a lot to it. This is the best resource out there, explains everything in detail, it is long but I would highly recommend it. https://chrisbrejon.com/cg-cinematography/chapter-1-5-academy-color-encoding-system-aces/ If you want something shorter, Check this one from Toad. https://www.toadstorm.com/blog/?p=694
  7. Hello everybody, I have just met with the ACES workflow, and as I m new to it, I don't fully understand it. Could anybody tell me, if I need to convert to ACES color space a texture (specifically jpeg) in order to use it in Attribute from Map node? I know that we have to convert color (diffuse or albedo) textures and we should not convert data textures like bump and normal maps. But in case of Attribute from Map? I m confused as on one hand the Cd attribute (or any other attribute) derived by the node is a data. On other hand it is derived from colors. So the question is, to convert or not convert to ACES? Thanks in advance.
  8. The geometry has red and black color, the points coming in are particles; I only want the particles to intersect with the parts of the geometry which are red. The parameter is to control if I want some particles to bleed into the black areas of the geometry. Although neither is working, the particles are intersecting with both the black and red parts of the geometry ? As well, I want to open the point clouds based on the dot product of the particle normal and the surface normal, I'm assuming I should use the UVW of the intersect for the position and the primitive of the intersect as the maxpoints, which I can then control the radius of how many points I want to open ?
  9. (Solved)Best way to fix normals?

What about something like this..?
  10. POP Fluid collision and thickness issue...

What Don said. The reason why it falls through is because you particles move to the other side of your collision object in a single frame. As a cheat you can try making you collision object thicker.
  11. Create own height-field ?

I understand what it's doing internally Thanks
  12. How find "Cracked Edge" ?

Thank you everyone! Noobini's way of Manifold Number is new knowledge about me, but here "shared edge" is only "look like" (not topology), so I think that we should use Geometric algorithm (like distance). Skybar's way is nice, comparing point N and vertex N, and inserting point to polygon edge by Add SOP close polygon from sorted points by primuv (from xyzdist) is beautifull. I had same branched polyline problem like your tree polyline (in my case, it's branched thunder) and had found PolyPath SOP, but here polygon face orientation problem is solved. Only one thing,I think that Fuse SOP after all have possible of destroied entire connectivity or "Overlapping" topology (mentioned in PolyDoctor SOP) when geometry has "thin" shape, but it may be able to solve by using promoted source @ptnum. petz's VEX is great, it includes distance Geometric algorithm by primfind() so I think that it's nearest detecting "shared edge" by human brain. I try these method about more complex geometry. Cheers!
  13. POP Fluid collision and thickness issue...

Sometimes higher sim times are required to get accurate collisions. Substeps helps interpolate you animation to calculte more precisely the collision frame byr frame. What are the settings on your collider ?
  14. POP Fluid collision and thickness issue...

Hi "el Doktor"; Increasing substep increases simulation time too. Is there any better solution?
  15. How to fix normals fast on this shape ? Thanx normals_.hipnc
  16. I messed around with your scene, yesterday. In my settings I decided to ping pong the frames back and forth until the particle dies, this way you can extend the life of the particle. So you may have to revisit the frame counting code inside the wrangle to implement a one-shot die setup. I didn't get the file instancing fully working, but local object instancing is in place. I basically made 13 grids and a point wrangle constructs a path to each one based upon what frame it decided it needs to display. ap_rm_lops_sequence_particles.hiplc
  17. Noobini, Haha. Thanks for trying ! Atom, Thanks so much for taking the time to reply ! I had to re-read your reply a few times as this is all quite new to me and I wanted to really try to understand everything. But I think I've made a bit of headway. What I was thinking of doing is having the first and last frames be empty drawings, and then use clamp to decide on what frame after birth the animation should trigger. Then alternatively, having it start on birth frame and play then die after last frame. Both scenarios would be useful to me. In my file I've not put empty drawings yet so that I can see what I'm doing. Ok, 0.5 at 24fps for a 12 frame sequence makes perfect sense. Instancing is new to me in Houdini but I think I figured that part out after looking at the help a bit. So I'm not using a copy to points at all anymore, and rather have 2 geo nodes, one with the grid/particle geo, and another with the pop network. I put a pop instance node and told it to point to the grid geo node. Then I put an instance node at the sop level. This gives me the same result as I was getting with the copy to points but instanced. Thanks ! I learned something new I put a pop wrangle with " i@frame_born = int(@Frame); " . I'm not very good with VEX, but from what I can see in the geo spreadsheet, you are creating an attribute called frame_born that is tied to the frame number on every point. This is the part where I get stuck. I see how it is useful to have this attribute/counter but I don't understand now how to use the attribute to start the sequence for each point at birth. We're in lockdown here now and I only have access to apprentice at home, so I'm uploading the working file here of where I'm at. When you have the time, I would appreciate another poke in the right direction Have a great day ! Sprite Particles Instance.7z
  18. How find "Cracked Edge" ?

here's another one. it's not extensively tested but should work quite well. hth. petz clean_geo.hipnc
  19. RBD Ninja

there's only so much fruit a ninja can slash...soon he starts goofin' around again vu_RBDNinja.hipnc
  20. On Growth and Form

Fun
  21. Just saw this, that's an interesting approach!. I'll give this a try on the real geometry and see what pops up. And yes, the groupexpand node in 18 also seems to do the trick. I'm still on 17.5 though so the VEX will come in handy. Thanks!
  22. Interactive Wedge

Thanks, I'll experiment with this and see what comes up.
  23. Interactive Wedge

I mean in DOPs in Sop Solver, or for short Foreach Loop inside of Solver SOP if you only care about processing the geo over several timesteps if you don't care about the actual time evolving then you can just do foreach loop and inside For Feedback loop that will loop over certain number of iterations if it's bullet however then maybe just merge all your setups together, make them separate collision groups so that they don't interact and run them as one sim, since as you noticed you can't run parallel sims without TOPs EDIT: or if you are adventurous you can have a look at Edit LOP Viewport State where the whole Bullet sim is constructed and run within Python, so maybe you can use something like that
  24. Interactive Wedge

Oh, and I just realised, there isn't a For-Each construct in DOPs. Maybe that's not what you meant, @anim?
  25. Interactive Wedge

I hadn't considered that, I will experiment with that, but it sounds problematic. At frame 0.. Simulate 10 frames ahead, adding a value of e.g. 0.1 to `max_impulse` Simulate 10 frames ahead again (ideally in parallel), this time with a value of 0.2 ..then a value of 0.3 ..and so forth Then determine which of the variations got closer to some goal, of e.g. having the lower body reach a given angle, say 45 degrees Whichever was closest, continue from that value, e.g. 0.2 At frame 1.. Repeat For that, I think I need individual DOP networks such that when I get for frame 5000 I could continue from that frame, rather than resimulate it. But you're right, it's not clear what I want, I don't know yet myself. :S It is, you're right! A "Wedge TOP" along with a "ROP Fetch TOP" is exactly what I'm looking to do, except in SOP/DOP. The hurdle with TOPs is the launch of Hython (adding 5-10 seconds to each work item) and roundtrip to disk (adding 200-500 ms to each frame). I need this to run quicker, as each iteration of my Bullet simulation runs at ~30 ms per frame and I need hundreds of variations for every frame of my animation to determine the next frame.
  26. Interactive Wedge

Hi, What you are asking for is exactly what TOP's do. I suggest you to give it a try
  1. Load more activity