All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. http://www.cgchannel.com/2020/03/10-expert-tips-for-better-houdini-flip-fluid-simulations/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cgchannel%2FnHpU+(CG+Channel+-+Entertainment+Production+Art)
  3. Houdini 18 Arnold and Renderman Env.

Thank you for the answer Atom. This is my setting. Its working.
  4. there's new workflow 'emit RBD' in H18 and also old school here
  5. Volume toon shader

Thank you for responds. At first i thought transfer heat field to color and then to poligons, but then i sow this and decided make it it easer. Thanks.
  6. Today
  7. Flip Source From Points

Hi everyone I was playing with the flip source node and I am wonderig : is there a way to create a flip source from points, instead of from geometry ? For exemple now I want to create a flip collider from a point simulation, if I want to use the cool flip source node I have to create a vdb from particles + convert vdb to mesh + flip source, I guess there would be a more efficient way ? Have a good day, thank you for your time
  8. Apply attribute based on object id in RBD

9. Corrupted Hip File :'(

Open up a new session of Houdini 18. In the lower right hand corner change the drop down from AutoUpdate to Manual. Open up your file, rewind and save. It worked for me, but I don't have all those meshes that you reference. My guess would be you are exceeding your physical memory with those subdivides. Try to disable them.
  10. Hello, Can you please help me? Let's say I have a pop network where 1 particle born in every second. Then I attach a sphere to every newly borned particles. How can I turn that spheres into RBD? Thank you.
  11. Tried to open this today and now it magically crashes every time Teeth_Leak_5.hiplc
  12. Apply attribute based on object id in RBD

@Jesper Rahlff It appears from your screen shots, that you didn't create an if statement within the SOPSolver, yet when the boxes hit the ground they are being colored. Unless there is something that isn't visible in the screen shots ?
  13. Pyro colour swirl mix

Thanks Atom, that did the trick
  14. Pyro colour swirl mix

Create a sphere and click on the Colored smoke shelft tool. Review the Operations for the sourcing of the various fields. Your sourcing operations don't match. Try Pull on vel and Blend on Cd.
  15. Here are my settings for Renderman 23.0. It assumes a default install on a Windows system. HOUDINI_PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/18.0.287;@/python2.7libs;&" HOUDINI_DEFAULT_RIB_RENDERER=prman23.0 RMANTREE="C:\Program Files\Pixar\RenderManProServer-23.0" RFHTREE="C:\Program Files\Pixar\RenderManForHoudini-23.0" RMAN_PROCEDURALPATH=$RFHTREE\18.0\openvdb;& HOUDINI_PATH=$RFHTREE\18.0;$HOUDINI_PATH;& PATH=$PATH;$RMANTREE\bin;& I also have the RMANTREE system environment variable set to. C:\Program Files\Pixar\RenderManProServer-23.0\
  16. Pyro colour swirl mix

I've run in to a problem, i'm adding colour to my pryo, but i cant get it to swirl and mix, it just stays in the same place as if the smoke passes through it ? any help in solving this would be amazing. Here's where at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pms6y06iy1g5hj0/AACFhCkX-Z-PiMUk6uhqMd2ba?dl=0 Thanks
  17. Volume toon shader

It looks like the Toon Color Shader no longer functions in Houdini 18. I get an Incomplete Asset Definition.
  18. Volume toon shader

Play with this, sorry for errors I use Houdini 16.5. You can implement this on the explosion toon_v15.zip toon_smoke_final.hip www.linkedin.com/pulse/toon-explosion-houdini-seyed-morteza-kamali?trk=portfolio_article-card_title
  19. Volume toon shader

Hello. Can u give me an advice how to make toon shader for explosion. I know i have to convert volume to poligons but i dont know what to do next. Really appreciate for yours answers.
  20. Rotating uv tile

Thanks for your help
  21. Rotating uv tile

Or if you want overlapping UVs, using maximum space and everything in one vertex wrangle: string grp = itoa(i@primnum); vector bb_prim = relbbox(0, grp, v@P).xzy; vector bb_center = bb_prim - {0.5, 0.5, 0.0}; float amount_n = rand(i@primnum); float amount_pi = fit01(amount_n, -M_PI, M_PI); v@uv = bb_center; matrix m = ident(); rotate(m, amount_pi, {0,0,1}); v@uv *= m; float diag = sqrt(0.5); v@uv = fit(v@uv, -diag, diag, 0.0, 1.0); Here are some screenshots showing what each paragraph is doing: rotate_UV_tiles_overlap.hipnc
  22. Rotating uv tile

Hi David, you can do this in: SOPs using primitive's node rotate and attribute copy. VOPs feeding random values to UV position's rotate. VEX feeding random values to the rotate function. int seed = chi('seed'); vector pivot = primuv(0, 'uv', i@primnum, 0.5); float amount_n = rand(i@primnum, seed); float amount_pi = fit01(amount_n, -M_PI, M_PI); matrix3 m = ident(); rotate(m, amount_pi, {0,0,1}); v@uv = (v@uv - pivot) * m + pivot; rotate_UV_tiles.hipnc
  23. Rotating uv tile

Is there a way in Houdini (VEX or VOP) to rotate each uv tiles individually, like Blender Guru does in blender ? To break texture tiling, thanks for your help
  24. Apply attribute based on object id in RBD

in order to do that you would in another if statement check if they have collided with the ground. Same concept
  25. looping over an integer array with itoa()

alright I'm using point() to get my iteration count now and it's working thank you tomas, have a safe time! I think what made this so complicated for me was that I forgot that you can type in 0-3 instead of 0 1 2 3 which makes this a lot easier to type the way you did instead of trying to do unnecessary things with arrays and vex
  26. looping over an integer array with itoa()

okay so the user input could still be 0 3 4 with using a ch() it doesn't need to be a direct input of 3, I can just get the length of my string, make it an int "n" parameter and set as I wish and then get that value with ch("../mynode/"n"")?
  27. looping over an integer array with itoa()

don't have to be groups, just directly put it in target points group field of Copy SOPs if you want to create groups first you may find Group By Range handy as you are just creating 2 range groups
  1. Load more activity