All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. find points and cut.

This is a bit of a naive test but see if it helps chop_up_shape.hip
  3. fore each loop question

in a python sop you can use the pressButton() argument pointing to your file cache "save to disk" parameter (might have to use evalparm as well) that will in essence physically press the save to disk button on every cook. combine that with the detail attribute filepath variables and that should be all you need also you can set a global variable holding your detail expression (under edit menu > aliases and variables > variables), say $CACHE = `detail(blahblah)`, then use $CACHE in your filepath instead of that expression, allowing you to read everything back in as packed prims in a single node using the filemerge sop utilizing that variable (similar to how you can load back in multiple wedge passes)
  4. Today
  5. Houdini 17.5.173 Centos PDG cores use

Yeap Luke I understand. If you check the Entagma link, they are using TOPs to run multiple frames of VDB meshing and turn a single core process to a multi-core one. They are on Windows and CPU load goes 100% on a 12core system.
  6. Houdini 17.5.173 Centos PDG cores use

Linux doesn't have anything to do with it. Some algorithms used by Houdini use a single processor core. In those cases performance can be improved by running multiple tasks concurrently. You would see 100% processor utilization only if there were more concurrent tasks than processor cores. Other algorithms will use all processor cores available. It all depends on the specific scene and how it's built as to how well it will scale to multiple processor cores.
  7. fore each loop question

also TOPs can provide easy wedging within an asset if you can use 17.5
  8. Hello everyone, I am trying to speed up surfacing tasks using this simple method from Entagma (https://vimeo.com/323270525). I am on Centos 7 and when I monitor CPU usage, it goes maximum at 35% and doesn't use all cores. Is anyone experiencing similar behavior or have any info to share about Houdini and CPU usage at Linux?. Thank you.
  9. im on this situation where i need to rotate a lot of RBD stuff inside dops transforming from Euler to Matrix at the same time, do you know whats the best way to do it?,
  10. Lockheed Martin (Suffolk, VA)

a secret clearance?!! im pretty sure they are making some jets with extraterrestrial tecnology then!!
  11. Calculator a Parabola Curve

The focus is determined by the parameters of the parabola
  12. Lockheed Martin (Suffolk, VA)

United States citizenship is required to get a clearance in most cases. These positions require a secret clearance (shown at the bottom of the job posting) which the company will help employees obtain.
  13. Pyro source Wedges TOP

Vitor, Found it, horay : pyro_simple_wedge_odf003.hipnc
  14. Writing attributes to image file

Hello! Since I have not seen a hip file for the solution to this problem yet, I've felt the need to post it. There were a couple of major things missing from localstarfights' file, namely correct addressing of the SOP to read the attributes from. Thanks to the people of this thread for letting me know this was even possible! attribexport.hip
  15. Thanks to everyone on this thread - it's been really, really helpful! Did anybody figure out why the fastglow shops dont show up in reflections? And, if anyone figured out how to do it? Cheers, C
  16. Calculator a Parabola Curve

With a Parabola curve, is there any way to adjust the focus point, the focus point being; the lowest arc in the curve ?
  17. Thoughts on this laptop build?

Hi All I am just getting into Houdini and looking to do some more exploring of it whilst on the move. I realise that I am not gonna be able to push it with heavy sims, but I am keen to work on basic setups whilst keeping the weight low and keeping things portable. I am looking to mainly render using redshift hence the 2070 card and i've crammed all the ram in that I can. The company i'm using for the build don't offer amd options for cards, and this I7 is the only one which fits in this chassis. Any massive issues with the following setup? Are there any limitations I should expect? Any Feedback much appreciated. Chassis & Display Proteus Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080) Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 8750H (2.2GHz, 4.1GHz Turbo) Memory (RAM) 32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB) Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1 1st Storage Drive 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2.5" SSD, (upto 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW) 1st M.2 SSD Drive 1TB WD Black™ SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD (up to 3470MB/s R | 3000MB/s W) Memory Card Reader Integrated SD Memory Card Reader AC Adaptor 1 x Proteus Series 230W AC Adaptor Battery Proteus V Series Lithium Ion Battery (7180mAh) Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead) Thermal Paste COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-9260 M.2 (1.73Gbps, 802.11AC) +BT 5.0 USB/Thunderbolt Options 3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 3.1 Type C PORT AS STANDARD Keyboard Language PROTEUS SERIES RGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language Laptop Cooling Stands CoolerMaster NotePal L2 Laptop Cooler, upto 17.3 inch Stand-Alone Monitor ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K GAMING MONITOR Notebook Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE Webcam INTEGRATED 720P 30 FPS HD WEBCAM Price £2,002.00 including VAT and Delivery
  18. impact data after sim

Got it working by creating an age attribute and increasing the value of age every frame with a sop solver. Post by mart1jn in this thread helped alot. Thanks!
  19. fore each loop question

I have never tried so don't quote me on this but you should be able to do it. You can put down a "render node network" inside of your HDA and then create the wedge node inside of this one. This way you will carry the wedge setup with your digital asset
  20. Nature fun

L-system fun
  21. Hair with soft body sim

do you get correct answer?
  22. I can't figure out how to get this 3D blast look. I tried in After effects but had no such luck making it look 3 Dimensional Around 42 seconds it starts a mouth blast. So long story short after effects will not even come close to what I need so I am resulting to doing it all from scratch in Houdini, but I am no where near professional in it.
  23. fore each loop question

@Kiryha, Thanks I will try that way, @Andrea, I am using that network inside a digital asset, can I use wedge method inside an HDA ?
  24. Calculator a Parabola Curve

set i@id = 1 for all points (set_id_example - node) and move the end-points of curve 2 along the x-axis.
  25. Calculator a Parabola Curve

It is possible that the control I require is outside of a Parabola, since if I adjust the degree as seen in the image; only the left side of the curve is modified ? As no matter how much I change the degree, the right side of the curve remains the same that is unless there is another way.
  26. Selecting edge corners

1. it's a direction vector the normals are compared to 2. Detail Wrangle with your geo in the second input (assuming your edge group is called "edge_group") int pts[] = expandedgegroup(1, "edge_group"); for (int i=0; i<len(pts); i+=2){ vector P0 = point(1, "P", pts[i]); vector P1 = point(1, "P", pts[i+1]); vector P = avg(P0, P1); addpoint(0, P); } ts_point_per_edge_in_edge_group.hip
  1. Load more activity