All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Destruction Glue

maison sil vous plait ? please do not reply in french....just foolin' around.
  3. Today
  4. help controlling FLIP sim

thanks josh I ended up removing the body from my collision mesh leaving just the fin to skirt over the water and got the results I was looking for. Would still be interesting to see if there are settings in the solver that would produce the same effect for the whole collision geo though
  5. I got this figured out. Looks like having triplanar set on the Unity material/shader is what caused it.
  6. resample curve segment sweep problem

perfect that's what I was the info I was looking for thank you
  7. Destruction Glue

Hi guys, I tried to attach multiple element in Bullet with different glue (Wall, Wood, Wood to Wall etc... ). Each Constraint works fine. But when i tried to make it works all together , they break. Can you see what's wrong ? Thanks ! Test_Destruction_Chalet_04.hip
  8. Closed leaf venation patterns

@charlesnyiha Its this OK
  9. POP to SMOKE Question

Hello, im pretty new to houdini and i have a question about an effect i want to create. i have particles spinning around a sphere and i want to have smoke doing the same using the particles velocity. the smoke i build is somehow advecting by the particles, but the movement should be nearly the same. my problem is, that the smoke is rising to far instead of sticking to the particles, it should by dragged likewise. can someone help and check my project file? would be very kind thx particles_trail_2_v03.hiplc
  10. Water/whitewater flicker with redshift

So if anyone wants the solution, the flickering was coming from the refraction pass, somehow some particles were disappearing and reappearing. I increased the refraction trace depth and it solved the problem. I'll be reuploading the river soon so you'll see ! Cheers,
  11. Is the Type to search in the TAB menu entirely based off of the node name? Or can I add/tweak terms for shortcuts?
  12. cannot save flipbook

i usually save my flipbook video by exporting it as video for windiows 64-bit , but it wont save it , there's a message says "failure to write , errror code" , do u know why?
  13. resample curve segment sweep problem

as an example...at your distancealonggeometry3...you have point 0 having dist 0.25 from 1, verify in spreadsheet. Now put down a sphere, add a transform, in the transform, in the Y chanel put: point("../distancealonggeometry3",0,"dist",0) and you'll see the sphere being moved up by whatever dist is.
  14. pump volume h18

Hello, This is more of a general question about how to properly inject "pump" velocity in h18. First, What excactly is the "pump" doing? Why can't I just bring in my "v" attribute . What is the difference between velocity and "pump" ? Also, when I create a pump from the shelf tool under the populate containers tab. Houdini creates a Flip source to create the "pump" volume. Why is this? Are there no pyro tools to create this "pump" volume? I will attach some screenshots and my file. Thank you pump_h18.hipnc
  15. resample curve segment sweep problem

should be either point() or pointattrib() I think look up syntax for these in F1, your attribname should "dist"
  16. resample curve segment sweep problem

haha fair enough, yeah I think I need to use one loop for the wiring. right now I just duplicate the loop for the scatter pairs I want to connect (progress the timeline to see the wires. also press 4 to go to the controller null, things might make slightly more sense then but maybe not lol) but my question is basically how do I reference the dist I create with the node? promote it and read it in with some expression like detail() is used for reading in loop iterations?
  17. resample curve segment sweep problem

hmmm...I got NFI what I am looking at here...seems there are alot of duplications
  18. resample curve segment sweep problem

yeah I'm getting a @dist (see updated picture) take a look, no NDA on this, just me trying to figure out how to do procedural modeling
  19. resample curve segment sweep problem

@dist ? probably would need to see the file to figure it out, is it possible to upload ? or no due to NDA ?
  20. resample curve segment sweep problem

very cool! @Noobini if you don't mind giving some advice, i'm currently trying to transform individual points on a curve and then use the distance between points to drive the length of some tubes. I'm using distancealonggeometry to get a dist attribute. how do I reference that in a parameter? is there a better way of doing this? right now I just copy to target points and divide by segments and offset by the disk extrude etc but I'd like to be able to move the disks up or down individually and everything else should follow. but since it's still the same curve I can't just divide by segments anymore to get correct length for the tubes so I need to reference distance between points instead, right?
  21. resample curve segment sweep problem

so I got annoyed at the fact that resample doesn't work on an edgegroup....so DIY to the rescue:
  22. Resample_Edgegroup HDA

DL link: http://www.vusta.com.au/Houdini.htm works best on actual curves, tho you can get interesting effects on a grid say....try it.
  23. Yesterday
  24. Complexity from simplicity

nice. good shading and cool lighting is also very much responsible.
  25. Closed leaf venation patterns

@Librarian Great result! I'd loved to know how you use the rules and where it is plugged to Thanks
  26. Check this. +now it is rather simple copy2points_newpipeline.hipnc
  27. Yep and i think it is even faster than compiled for-loops.
  1. Load more activity