All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi folks, I'm stuck on a issue. I have a deformed geo that i have fractured in packed pieces. Then I want to use a popnetwork to drive my packed pieces. I would like to update the position and the rotation of my particles with the deformed geometry, but when i try to update the position with a pop wrangle like: @P = point(1, "P", @ptnum) with my geo source on the second input of the popnet, the orientation dosent fit of the original geo, the orientation is not updated. So, how can i update properly (position and orientation) of my packed pieces with the source deformed geo in the popnetwork frame by frame ? here is some video to show you, ths ! What i have, orient not updated: orient.mp4 What i would like, fine deformation: orientok.mp4
  3. Thanks Atom! Will have a look. Went thru the Collisions Masterclass and seem to recall problems with leaking fluids but no 100% solution. After reading the thread also had the same question as OP, re POP fluids, especially for table top size FLIP sims. I notice in the animated gif the fluid never leaves the container, even when upside down. Is this expected behaviour?
  4. That is what .sim files are for. You are essentially caching the state of the simulation. You should be able to resume from the last saved .sim frame number. When you resume, resume from the next frame number, not frame #1.
  5. You could take a look at this setup. I believe it tries to remove all velocity motion and simulate at world origin. Then the translation is re introduced to the final output to track the moving object.
  6. Here is another attempt to control the carve value. I promoted the i@id, from the dopnet from points to primitives to avoid any changing @primnums. int duration = 240; // ten seconds @ 24fps. $FEND int travel_time = 96; // frame count to traverse length. i@on_frame = int(fit01(rand(@id),6,(duration-travel_time))); i@off_frame = i@on_frame + int(fit01(rand(@id+801),6,travel_time)); if ((@Frame>=i@on_frame) && (@Frame<=i@off_frame)) { f@carveValue = fit(@Frame,i@on_frame,i@off_frame,0,1); // or 1,0 } else { f@carveValue = 1.0; // or 0.0. } ap_CheckEvery10SecondsAndConnectOrDisconnect-elaborated.hipnc
  7. Today
  8. With fast moving collision geometry and FLIP, what are some things to try to stop fluid from passing thru your geometry? Things I've tried - increasing substeps (using 8 currently) - reducing particle separation (I'm at .01 currently) What else should I try?
  9. Ah, your right better to use a dictionary. probably you need to add the script to the "code" paramterer defaults. But Tomas is right - better embed the code to a hda. The way I did it (this code parameter) is more of a hack to be able not to use a hda.
  10. Possible? I tried "save to disk in background", but if I pause and turn off the computer I cannot resume. Is there a way to resume without the need to check how many frames are done, then restart "save to disk in background" for the remaining frames?
  11. I'm not sure if you need the length for anything else, but if you want to match the bounds of something else, maybe you can just use a matchsize node I've attached a very simple example of this match_size.hip
  12. I'd suggest creating an HDA as then you can have the script self contained and easily update the code for all the instances if you decide to do so (to for example update list of presets, or even read presets from external file , etc...) parameter callback script: hou.phm().loadPreset(kwargs) HDA module: def loadPreset(kwargs): presets = [{ "voxelsize": 0.04, "voxeloffset": 1, "percentage": 50 }, { "voxelsize": 0.05, "voxeloffset": 1, "percentage": 30 }, { "voxelsize": 0.06, "voxeloffset": 1, "percentage": 10 } ] node = kwargs['node'] parm = kwargs['parm'] i = parm.eval() node.setParms(presets[i]) DropdownToChangeValues_hda.hipnc
  13. Use Ordered Menu to Change Parameters in Tool

Hej Johannes, vielen lieben Dank für deine Hilfe. Subset is fine. Your .hip does exactly what I need and gives me the opportunity to inspect how you did it. Out of curiosity: why is it that the hda "forgets" the python code? Much appreciated! Best, Felix
  14. RenderMan IPR not working

make sure you add a camera
  15. Hi guys,I ran into a problem after i installed RenderMan23 for Houdini18,click the IPR button on the shelf have no any reaction,is it a bug?
  16. Creating smooth curve from imported curve geometry

Hey, Welcome to Houdini! May I suggest using the convert SOP (converting it to third order NURBS) you may also find it useful to: use the facet SOP using the "Remove Inline Points" toggle and then play with the distance to remove some "oversampling" use the fuse SOP to merge nearby points in corners (to avoid having sharp corners using convert) resample with a large value for "Maximum Segment Length" to reduce the noise in your samples Or alternatively, you can also keep your geometry at polygons with the resample SOP, setting the "Treat Polygon As" dropdown to "Subdivision Curves"
  17. If you want to keep it a subnet. This is the way to go. DropdownToChangeValues_fix.hipnc In the sliders working geo
  18. Thanks. One final step: how to make the size of a box match the measured x,y,z of a bound, not copy pasting values, but linked? And position. So the idea is to create a box that perfectly matches the size and position of a bound node.
  19. You will need a python script for this to work. Do you want to make a hda or keep it a subnet?
  20. Hi! I want to share with you a little script I did which I think is quite useful. It allows you to convert for example alembic cameras to regular houdini cameras. Additionally it can scale cameras correctly and in general bake cameras. You will find the script here: MyWebsite
  21. my new laptop Display problems

I'm not sure this will help, but you could try an older driver for your intel graphics (version 25.20.100.6583, A06 seems to work for XPS 15, not sure what version that would be for your XPS 13 though)... Let me know how it turns out, cheers
  22. Ola @flcc here you gonna find I think some fun stuff ...file to learn triggers and how ? you know Vex so I think its easily manageable to convert attributs . plus some things to Know if not Ready trig.hipnc
  23. Solaris camera

There are some good example hip files inside of the support materials for Solaris in the h18 docs that might answer some of your questions. The download link is buried in here: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/solaris/tutorials.html
  24. (displacement) splitted edges

Hi there, Have you try fuse sop? Also are those two individual geometry?
  25. Hi there, Also I think there are some info that I found can help you to better understand quaternions/orient and matrices. http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki/index.php?title=JoyOfVex17 Hope this would help.
  1. Load more activity