All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Creating procedural curves

2 ways .Hope it Helps Cracks2.hipnc
  3. To be sure to always fit a 0-10 range, you need to know the min and max value of your random values. You can do something like this: example_fit_random.hip
  4. Creating procedural curves

Hi. I found a good resource. I want to make a curve. Curve like image. I would like to know if there is any other way that is easy to modify, other than how I draw the curves myself. Thank you.
  5. @ptnum this is VEX, you must use Expressions. In your case - rand($PT) or rand($CY) Alwasys check help first https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/sop/copy.html
  6. Today
  7. Random link of interest

For those who want reference for a liquid methane explosion, or are otherwise interested in rocketry. There's many angles, slow motion footage and commentary from someone who knows his stuff :
  8. Hi; In a “Copy Stamp SOP”, I tried to create a random integer attribute ranged from 0 to 10, but it creates values from 2 to 9. How can I fix this? Thanks for helping. CopyFit.hip
  9. http://www.cgchannel.com/2020/05/review-amd-ryzen-threadripper-3990x/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+cgchannel%2FnHpU+(CG+Channel+-+Entertainment+Production+Art) Houdini got mentioned about half way down
  10. OdForce forum backup

Ok, I see. It would just be great to have a backup of all the knowledge collected here.
  11. I fixed the problem, it was really stupid. I forgot to set the "create constraints" to "each frame" on the vellum constraints node.
  12. OdForce forum backup

Well the official answer is no :). But I'm curious as to why you'd want it?
  13. Yesterday
  14. The reseeding tip solved a lot of my frustrations with flip. Thank you!
  15. show node information

You can click the pin at the top left to keep it open, but I don't think you can dock it in the interface.
  16. Redhsift broke :(

Fixed it
  17. Redhsift broke :(

Hi guy. I had been working with redshift for over a month already and I am in the middle of a proyect. Suddenly when I open the proyect EVERYTHHING failes. There isn´t a single redshift node working: This is my env: PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/bin;$PATH"<font></font>" HOUDINI_PATH = "C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/17.5.173;&" It looks like it uninstalled itself somehow. I really don´t know what did I do. It just stopped working from one day to another. I tried resenting the pc and reinstalling redshift. I hope you can help me. Thank you
  18. Hi, just if interested, you can also capture the geometry along a curve an perform rotations using the captured attributes (like distance to curve and curve u). The results are smilar to the previous examples. Here is a file. curve_wave.hipnc
  19. ACM Transactions on Graphics "Generalized non-reflecting boundaries for fluid re-simulation" How do I build the HDK for this paper? website: http://alas.dk/publications/2016/GNRBfFRS/ Download HDK Source Code: http://pub.ist.ac.at/group_wojtan/projects/2016_Bojsen-Hansen_GNRBfFRS/2016_Bojsen-Hansen_GNRBfFRS.zip I tried halfway through with Visual Studio 2015 and it looked like I could build with Houdini 17.0, but I got so many errors with Houdini 18. I'm a beginner in programming, but I'm very interested in the HDK for this paper and would like to install it on Houdini. Thank you.
  20. ACM Transactions on Graphics "Generalized non-reflecting boundaries for fluid re-simulation" How do I build the HDK for this paper? website: http://alas.dk/publications/2016/GNRBfFRS/ Download HDK Source Code: http://pub.ist.ac.at/group_wojtan/projects/2016_Bojsen-Hansen_GNRBfFRS/2016_Bojsen-Hansen_GNRBfFRS.zip I tried halfway through with Visual Studio 2015 and it looked like I could build with Houdini 17.0, but I got so many errors with Houdini 18. I'm a beginner in programming, but I'm very interested in the HDK for this paper and would like to install it on Houdini. Thank you.
  21. Instance random keyframe/animation with Python

I made some progress, still with problems The plan now is to find a way in python, to randomize a range of frames and output that in a timeshift. So far I have that: import random def retime_frames(): # values from dropdown tokens fr_get = hou.evalParm('choose_frame_set') for frX in range(fr_get): fRandom = (random.choice(frX)) hou.parm('retime_frame').set(str(fRandom)) print fRandom It gives me an error, that something with my strings is not okay. A working version with a list inside is that: def retime_frames(): random_num = ['1', '2', '3', '4', '5'] fRandom = (random.choice(random_num)) frame = hou.parm('retime_frame').set(str(fRandom)) return fRandom As soon as I try to use a variable inside the list or create a range function, it does not work anymore. range_randomize_retime_isntances_with_animations_v001.hiplc range_randomize_and_retime_instance_with_animation_v1a.hdalc
  22. oh, if it's animated then yes, you can keep the For Each Setup, it will save any frame that cooks, so make sure you have $F somewhere in the path name but this is all because you asked directly about foreach loop way to do it, which is more workaround than production solution what you should really look at is TOPs and wedging, that's the way to go
  23. Insane! Thanks! Wrote the vop sop to a wrangle: matrix xform = detail(1, "xform"); matrix rot = ident(); float z_bias = chf("z_bias"); float range = chf("range"); float angle = radians(chf("angle")); @P *= invert(xform); vector domain = set(@P.x, @P.y, @P.z * z_bias); float dangle = length(domain) / range; dangle = exp(-dangle) * angle; rotate(rot, dangle, 4); @P *= rot; @P *= xform; I'll see how to build on top of that. wavelike_deform.hiplc
  24. I was hoping to leave the frames for the animation, the initial example for the question is an animation with 240 frames and I want to save each animation coming out of each item in the loop. But now I realise that the File SOP doesn't have the option to save frame ranges.
  25. Ocean sample layer

HI, I'm just struggling trying to undersatnd the way he coiuld modified the idea of wave instancing backu up some attribute in order to use them at rendertime (Arnold) timestamp 3:17:36 i understand how to sample some attribute like frequencie, chop etc but didn't get the idea of wave instance and noise as attribute as he showed in the talk. eventuel someone can point me to the function in Ocean.h to sample those attribute. Thanks a lot for your help Cheers Farid
  26. but also judging from your screenshot you may be able to do it easier by just Blast SOP, keeping a single piece per frame, do your processing and save the sequence using $F, so that each frame will be different piece processed
  27. wow thats awsome, such clever approach. Never used length function, i will definitely look deep into it. thanks bro.
  28. forget it, it's working, I forgot to add the ` at the end. thank you.
  1. Load more activity