All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. is there some way to add a defined number of particles to a flip fluid? a have a pop which generates some particles if this particles meet some criteria i want to add them to a flip a popsource will add them over and over again i need them just one time. lets say i have 100 pop particles with a random attribute Q (1..100) if the frame number is the same as Q i want them to be added to the flip
  3. Vellum Ignore Collision

Hi AslakKS, That is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks a million!
  4. Houdini 18 Wishlist

Siggraph comes near and some tiny information have been released. Did some one see that houdini will have a build for python 3.x? Have seen on vfx platform that python 3.x is set for 2020 but for 2019 preview builds could be relased. At the moment i play with some ML and python 3.x is manatory and to make a bridge to python 2.x is not so funny for learning.
  5. Today
  6. Drops with dynamics

My biggest problem right now is creating the water droplets and getting them stuck to the surface of the grape. I tried to make a scatter on a sphere and use a pop replicator to give volume in the drop. And then use the pop fluid to give dynamics.
  7. Drops with dynamics

vellum for grapes and for fluid you can explore new POP Fluid and Condensation Shelf Tool, but also traditional flip with high surface tension and custom SDF based attractive force towards grapes will do just fine
  8. Vellum Ignore Collision

Hi, Might this do what you are looking for? dop_collision_specific.hiplc
  9. Add Handles

How can I add Handles to a digital asset using python? Is it even possible?
  10. Drops with dynamics

Popnet with particles moving along surface, with some noises.
  11. Can we execute python def by another node remotely?

Nothing is impossible, but this is not a common way of working with Python in Houdini. For geometry manipulation use Python SOP, for sharing your Python code, put it a module, hou.session, or into HDA's Python module. See the docs To achieve exactly what you want: In your python_remote_control: code = hou.node('../target_python').evalParm('code') exec compile(code, "inline", "exec"), globals(), locals() setA() setB()
  12. If the point count is changing then on export the selection method was not even. An alembic exported correctly will preserve geometry info from frame to frame. A method is to do a bounding box from a group sop to a blast node. You can use a delete sop straight up, but there are a lot less procedural ways to animate the size and bounds. You can try for connectivity/assemble too and see if that brings a consistent result if you are looking to remove a whole tooth. There are more options, but it really depends on how inconsistent the topology is and what part you are trying to delete. Generally speaking direct face selection is generally not done as it can often be defined as a destructive method. You can use direct face selection in a few ways, but with consistent topology.
  13. Not sure why it is called image plane at that level. https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/vop/texture.html Texture Channel This specifies which color channel for multi-plane textures should be evaluated.
  14. Good afternoon guys, I'm trying to create a setup similar to the one below. Where the drops are with dynamics and glued to the surface. Does anyone have any tips on how to start this game?
  15. Nice try ! You may check this topic https://forums.odforce.net/topic/25534-differential-curve-growth/ and may be this one also https://forums.odforce.net/topic/27291-circle-packing-dart-throwing-onto-a-3d-surface/ But there are so many different effects in these two videos. Maybe you should be more specific about those you're interested in.
  16. Script to resume crashed render

Yes. All of them, I think. Beware that the free version on Deadline does not work with PDG because it uses a commandline submission instead of a Houdini submission. But normal Houdini submissions works fine.
  17. Crowd agent transition issue

Hey that did it! Thank you! That one was driving me crazy. I had tried cranking up the substeps on the crowd solver and bullet solver but not in the dop. Thanks again for helping me out! -Kjell
  18. For now I have achieved some similar things but I want to learn more. How could we achieve something similar without a lot of experience and without a team of 10 people? Here is the file with some organic lines deforming, I'm sure we can get something interesting! Lines_growth_03.hiplc
  19. Hi, I'm doing a vellum hair simulation on a character that starts partially under a ground geo. I also do other vellum sims (as foliage) that need collision with the ground. But my hair gets stuck under de ground geo. How can I make sure that only the other sims are colliding with the ground and not the hair? Thanks!
  20. Maybe a simple or stupid question but Is there a way to have these 3 bars (color correction ...) always visible in the render viewer ? I've tried saving as desktop butit doesn't work thx
  21. Hello I imported a geo into Houdini from Maya. I want to rotate it around its pivot, but the transform node doesn't respect the imported geo's pivot.It sets it to the origin. is there any thing I can do so Houdini uses the original imported pivot for transformation? thank you
  22. how get attributes name?

it's all i want.THANK YOU Jiri!Cheers!
  23. how get attributes name?

Hi Jorb, there are four detail intrinsic, as in the attached image ... which store what you need. You can access these intrinsic attributes with python or VEX. With VEX, you can access them like this: s[]@pointattributes = detailintrinsic(0,"pointattributes");
  24. how get attributes name?

Hi odforce, i have a small problem,its confused me a few days.how can i get the attributes name use vex or python(vex is better,because im not familiar with python)? for example,i have a geometry with some point attirbutes like "v" "Cd" "mass" "aaa",and prim attributes like "prima" "primb".if i want create a new string attribute and store all the attributes,how do i achieve that?
  25. Can we execute python def by another node remotely?

I know I could write script directly in python_remote_control node import hou a = hou.node('/obj/pipeline/python_target') a.parm('result').set('C') but I would like to know how to control/execute the code of 'python_target' node indirectly
  26. there are 2 nodes, and can we remotely execute a python script by another node, especially def too? For instance, there is a python_target null node. If I click its execute button, it writes C in result as I expect. Then I want to do same thing by a code of another python_remote_control null node. After succeeding controlling remotely, I also like to execute setA() remotely, too. Is that possible?
  1. Load more activity