Random link of interest

Jason

Guest mantragora

And while we are in RealTime topic, amazing facial realtime motion capture system.

As a bonus, if you are bored, one of the best zombie movies ever.

And while we're in skinning and deformations...

What's the difference between an implicit surface and a metaball?

You can easily construct rigs in Houdini using muscles which use metaballs.

We knew for a very long time that using muscles over standard skin weighting resulted in much better volume preservation hence our toon character delivered on the shelf uses meatball muscles.

You can paint influence weights and also add sliding. Self-interpenetrations should be handled as well.

Just in case you didn't know.

This is what i was thinking while i was watching that video. But am i right in thinking that you can chose either one or the other solution to rig characters (out-of-the-box)? You cant use both?

Out of the box, you are right. You either choose capture with bones or capture with muscles/meatballs.

There are at least three different ways to rig characters with muscles. You can rig up a system that uses standard capture weighting but then apply muscle deformers on top.

Right now you have to run two SOPs: deform SOP with one of the two muscle deformer SOPs though...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mantragora

OK. One more before I go sleep. Nothing common with Houdini, LEGO, fluids (actually it is about fluids) and probably shouldn't be posted here but it made me soooooooo happy today (and it looks that not just me).

https://vimeo.com/66655331

Good Night!

OK. One more before I go sleep. Nothing common with Houdini, LEGO, fluids (actually it is about fluids) and probably shouldn't be posted here but it made me soooooooo happy today (and it looks that not just me).

Nightmare of fallen empire.

Guest mantragora

the dog head in that guy's hair... what does it mean??

Haha, I'm asking, what Til Schweiger is doing there!? What the girl on begin is doing? Why she was closing her slit? And why Ibizious looks like gold rain of something just couple second after she closed her slit? Did she just pi**ed there? :) There are so many things so, so wrong with this video.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello friends!!!

Have anyone saw the movie with the underwater scene, where the ship ran into reef ? So we can see the destruction of the reefs, turbid water, etc. Can you tell me the title of the movie or stock with such scene?

It seems to me I saw something similar in the past ..

thanks ..

Edited by nomad

• 2 weeks later...