WIP - ok++'s softbodies RnD + .hip files

yglemarec

Wow man, I'm learning so much from these hips. Huge respect for sharing! 

As a complete noob I have a question, If you or anybody can help: Basically I want to fracture an object and apply cloth on top of it. I don't want it to be all glued up, can it shatter somehow and keep that cloth/rubbery feel? 

I'm attaching .hip so you can look at it.

Thanks!!!

Fracture_Cloth_Test.hip

• Haha 1

Hey Stanko, I had a similar situation a few days ago. 

I'm attaching a scene file and here's a screen shot of the setup:

EDIT: I forgot to say something very important. Each piece of cloth must have a different fracturepart attribute. Also, inside Dops, you must enable the Fracturing on the object and also the Tearing on the solver.

R2uvTBk.gif

Ka0MKiM.jpg

Cheers,
Alvaro

Fracture_Cloth_v1a.hiplc

Edited by ParticleSkull
  • Like 2

got it! I think FEM would be a better option then.

The problem of keeping the inside surfaces with cloth is the kind of mesh you get. Cloth works fine with meshes like this:
lm6TNNP.jpg

but it get extremelly slow with meshes like this:
bCac8Zm.jpg

That's why we have to transfer the fracturepart to the first mesh. I have no idea on how to keep this 1st mesh with the inside surface but, you know, it's houdini and you can do pretty much everything on it. I'm sure a lot of guys here on odforce would find a way ;)

-
Alvaro

Edited by ParticleSkull

8 hours ago, ParticleSkull said:

got it! I think FEM would be a better option then.

The problem of keeping the inside surfaces with cloth is the kind of mesh you get. Cloth works fine with meshes like this:
lm6TNNP.jpg

but it get extremelly slow with meshes like this:
bCac8Zm.jpg

That's why we have to transfer the fracturepart to the first mesh. I have no idea on how to keep this 1st mesh with the inside surface but, you know, it's houdini and you can do pretty much everything on it. I'm sure a lot of guys here on odforce would find a way ;)

-
Alvaro

I see, good to know this...thanks once again!!!

5 minutes ago, yglemarec said:

Hey Stankostupar and Particuleskull, happy to see you both on this thread ! I have no efficient answer for the moment, but it's an interesting question and i will work on it ... 

see u ++

Hey Yohhan, i think I've found a solution, basically after slicing up the object with Voronoi you apply tetrahedralize node(Batch mode set to components) and use this in a solidobject in the dop with fem solver. For uprez I used Particle Scull's approach. I can post a scene later on today....

Keep doing the good stuff;)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...