All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Volume as a collision doesn't works, why?

First, for volume collisions, you have to use distance VDB (SDF), not fog VDB. I think the collision function inside the "volume source" node is only for smoke, for example when a fast-moving object adds turbulence to your simulation. You can easily use the "static object" node for FLIP collisions.
  3. Today
  4. Houdini UI broken on new Dell XPS 2-in1

Have you faced battery drain after you installed the driver?
  5. Hi; In my FlipFluid simulation, I tried to use a volume as a collision, but it doesn't work. How can I fix this? Thanks for helping. VolumeCollision_Test_01.hip
  6. Render splines (Solved)

I found something interesting. https://chakazul.github.io/Lenia/JavaScript/Lenia.html Yesss I found yupiii... http://ytini.com/ https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/f11b/b1007a77445c3c3e514bdd55967f6d438942.pdf
  7. Render splines (Solved)

How to achieve bulge render for splines so that I can use those render for reliefs, I have additive mode shade by @MENOZ,just wondering for another solution ? nature.rar
  8. Creating an elliptical orbit

what's wrong with the good ol' sin and cos ? adjust your shape with the magnitudes 10 and 6 in sin cos respectively vu_Orbit.hiplc
  9. Dynamic Bullet Constraints

I suggest you check this scene https://github.com/pedohorse/educational-hips/tree/master/throwing_knifes
  10. What I'm looking for is an object to follow an elliptical curve, accelerating near the perigee and decelerating near the apogee. Theoretically I could wrestle with magnet forces and do a sim for this, but I feel that (1) that'd be unnecessarily complicated, and (2) that this is going to be a collider for another sim, and that might muck it up. I've tried follow path and using primuv, but I have not been able to find a way to accelerate and decelerate them as they follow the curve. I've tried something, attached, that is MOSTLY working. I get velocities from the tangent normals of the orbit curve, and a velocity multiplier based on the min and max x positions along the curve, so at the perigee the velocity multiplier is 1 (or whatever), and at the apogee it's 0.1. Using a solver SOP, each frame I transfer the curvevel attribute to the ball orbiting object at its current location, and then use @P += @curvevel. This actually works for the most part, except the orbiting object keeps going further and further out, creating a spiral orbit. Furthermore, even though I have a wrangle setting its initial position to be at point 0 of the path curve, starts farther away.(Also, I will need to figure out a way to orient it so it's always looking forward, but that will be easy enough, methinks.) I assume I'm missing something obvious within the solver SOP. This might be easy and dumb, so thanks for any help. (Also, if there's just a way better way to do this, I'm open to suggestions!) orbit_setup.hiplc
  11. Paperbag Strikes Back

Player 3 just entered the game !!!
  12. VFX Artist Needed - Work Remotely

Hey, really good reel :-) At the start of the film we see from a distance that she has just come up from a staircase within the beach, which was actually a 2 step dug into the beach. In this first reverse shot we show that it is actually a staircase descending into the beach itself. An insert shot. In the second shot, we see the same staircase and angle, but at sunset. We have a shot of her that looks like she is standing on one of the steps below and he is taking her hand to join her. The staircase is how they time travel. So we need to see it. A cool looking magically staircase that descends into the beach. What would be your best rate for helping us with this short film? It could lead to work on our other productions.
  13. VFX Artist Needed - Work Remotely

Hi I sent email to contact@sunsetaperture.com I hope this right address for contact.
  14. Yesterday
  15. Paperbag Strikes Back

Vellum Paperbag Smashes RBD Concrete ball Note: be sure to hit Reset Sims after you've changed any params in CTRLS Devastating Spinning Kick vu_SteelBall_vs_PaperBag2.hiplc
  16. Nature fun

If there was a houdini marathon, no one could beat that guy...
  17. Primitive counter on a parameter interface?

Hi Noobini thanks for the tip I ended up using label aswell.
  18. it's nothing but a label....easy peasy vu_Count_Label.hiplc
  19. painted metal shader

Interesting.
  20. Primitive counter on a parameter interface?

Hey AntoineSfx It works! Nice. Thank you very much! Have a nice weekend /PP
  21. Modeler 1.0

No, it works only in H18
  22. Modeler 1.0

It's this working in 16.5 houdini ?
  23. VFX Artist Needed - Work Remotely

Need a VFX Artist to help us with some VFX shots on our latest short film, The Sands of Time. The film is now in post-production. www.thesandsoftimefilm.com Shot 1 - A descending staircase in the sand. Both during the day and at sunset. They are only quick insert shots. To establish what it is they are climbing down. Don't really need to see any moment. Same shot but light for both times of the day. We can do the lighting during the grade if required. The attached image is a good example of what is required, but all of this would look like it is made out of sand. Similar angle to this. 4 seconds. Shot 2 - Two static actors pressed against each other dissolve into sand and vanish. The sides of them, as per the example below. So we start to see them dissolve and they vanish together. 7 seconds. Budget is tight. So this job would suit someone with experience who is keen to add to their credits. You will also get a copy of the film released. Will be doing a few projects this year, so a good opportunity to work together on other projects as well. www.sunsetaperture.com
  24. Modeler 1.0

Free for all the DM 2.0 and 2.1 users. $70 for the DM 1.5 users
  25. 3D to 2D(UV) and back to 3D

can't you just flatten the geometry before converting it back from "flat" (pseudo uv) to P, storing the elevation of the points which are no longer in the plane in an attribute, and move the points away from the surface along @N multiplied by that elevation attribute and some correction factor (because of changes in scale..) once you' re back in 3d space ?
  26. Primitive counter on a parameter interface?

Add an integer parameter at Object level in your geometry, then use an expression that points to the quantity you want to display Example npoints("pack1/") pack1 being the name of a node in your geometry network In your network, you can use connectivity (primitives) and attribute promote (primitive -> detail (max) ) to compute the number of objects for example you can refer to said quantity with detail("attribpromote1/","class",0)+1 Click on the label once at object level to have the text box display the value instead of the formula.
  27. 3D to 2D(UV) and back to 3D

Hi Rival; Please look for "ENTAGMA Knitting in 3d - Building a UV Deformer" in google. It helps a lot.
  28. Isometric view

Hello :
  1. Load more activity