All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. GameDev_measure_curvature node and maybe this helps
  4. Hi Guys; Is there any way to select and masking curvature (cavity) on a geometry, something like ambient occlusion masking (or erodes)? Thanks.
  5. Hi; In my very simple "RBD" simulation, the RBD solver simulates all of my packed geometries as a single object. How can I fix it? Thanks. RBDPacked.hip
  6. Thank you "LaidlawFX", so is there any example or tutorial about how to use it?
  7. Script to resume crashed render

Thanks for everybodys input. Ive ended up going with the free version of Royal Render, and it has been relatively easy and effective to setup on a single machine, and I have very minimal networking skills. For whatever reason, I was finding that the rrSerivce was not resuming my renders on a system restart, so I placed the win__rrClient.bat into the Windows startup directory to force it to start.
  8. imported geometry pivot

Thank you Fred! It helped me a lot. FBX is fine I think. on the other hand .Obj files are not. so I need to import all objects from maya via FBX format to retain its original transformations?
  9. So I cached my nparticles that were imported via houdini engine into maya. When I import them back into the scene via nCache > attach cache it makes a cacheblend input on the nparticles. Great, but when I open the scene on another computer on the network that does not have Houdini the cached particles do not load at all. I need to render this on a farm and be able to load the scene on any machine and see the particles.
  10. Yesterday
  11. imported geometry pivot

Hi I'm not sure about you problem as FBX import usually give the correct pivot. I try it (from an older version of maya), and I get the correct pivot. See the attached file. The pivot of pCube1 is on the top left corner. Normally you should see at the bottom of the geometry transform tab, the pivot offset parameters. These settings are not normally usually visible, they are added when importing FBX. But you can access it or add them from "Edit parameter interface". I also added a box, where I added the rotate offset (but in the transform tab to make it more visible), and move the pivot to the left side. If you want to use these "not centered" pivots at the sop level you have to use several transform node to recreate the transformation sequence. hope this helps Box pivot.zip
  12. keep uvs on flip anim

You need to unpack Alembic before you begin processing. Here is a revised setup using a .abc file. There were some errors in your file. There are some UV anomalies, but if you increase the FLIP resolution (which is matched to the pointsfromvolume resolution) the anomalies become less obvious. mb_african_femal_01.abc ap_flip_UV_transfer_001.hiplc
  13. imported geometry pivot

thank you but, It is not what I want. I don't want to move the pivot to centroids of the entire object or any primitives. I need the exact pivot position of the object shown in the picture.
  14. imported geometry pivot

just blast the lower polygon and put transform node under it with expressions sepu mentioned. or you can blast that polygon put null at the end with name OUT_whatever(just to keep it organized) and then on transform node that is just under your geo put expression in pivot position centroid("../OUT_whatever", D_X) centroid("../OUT_whatever", D_Y) centroid("../OUT_whatever", D_Z) for XYZ accordingly All done in geo level
  15. imported geometry pivot

well It works just fine for the pivot of the bounding box. but what about an arbitrary pivot like this: and rotation?
  16. Pop forces falloff options

If you want something more visual you could always use the Mops Fall-offs or I believe in 17.5 H also add it a falloff node, which in my opinion isn't that great or you also have Lynx by Luca https://www.motionoperators.com/
  17. imported geometry pivot

Should be able to open the pivot transformation tab in the transform and add $CEX and $CEZ.
  18. Logarithmic slider [-X, 0, X]

make ramp from 0 to 1 then fit ramp from -x to x
  19. Pop forces falloff options

Use VEX in those nodes, find distance, fit it and multiply to force.
  20. Hi, is there a way apart from rocket science to control the area affected by pop forces, for example adding a spherical soft falloff to a pop wind node or a noise-based falloff? Thanks!
  21. imported geometry pivot

thank you Adrian! the thing is I need Its pivot exactly where It is in Maya, so I can rotate it around. the pictures shows what it looks like in Houdini. (obj and FBX in houdini)
  22. Hi there, I am having the exact same issue but with uvs. Is there any solution to this?
  23. keep uvs on flip anim

Having some issue regarding pre-existing UVs (for example any alembic exported from maya or even pighead) I tried @Atom method of promoting UVs to points and again transferring it back to the vdb mesh. This works fine for default geometries but doesn't work when testing with alembics. I am attaching a test file for the same, please have a look. flip_UV_transfer_001.hip
  24. rotate flip pump source

Hey Atom that's great , very much appreciated. im pretty new to houdini, what is the reasoning behind not animating at object level? i though that was where most animation gets done? kind regards Harv
  25. Hi first time posting, (subtle hint that im a newbie) might be one of those idiot questions but i want to make a scene where a piece of paper is blowing in the wind and hits a robot it then sticks to the robot for a little bit and falls off. I want the paper to start of following a curve so i have control of how it looks and when it collides with the robot. But i have no idea how to make it do this, i'm using follow curve in chops but the animation doesn't seem to move over to sim. I've tried cloth fem but didn't seem to work, at the moment im trying pop. I'm attaching a file just so you can see where my head is at and thanks to anyone who takes a look at this. Robot is in the abc section of the project. paper_try.zip
  26. rotate flip pump source

It is common practice to not animate DOP sources at the /obj level. I moved your spinning animation into the SOP level and cleared the /obj level animation. Also, you don't need that rest. It seems to be locking your vel source to frame #1. AP_01 pump-rotate-test 03.hipnc
  27. Emit random object in RBD Packed object

Check out Matt's setups. http://www.tokeru.com/cgwiki/index.php?title=HoudiniDops#Emit_packed_prims_into_RBD_sim
  1. Load more activity