1. General

1. 26.3k

For all commercial tools, HDA's etc.

1. 64.6k

1. 6.3k

1. 3.4k

This is where the cool unofficial challenges live on!

1. Other 3d Packages

Maya,XSI,Blender,etc

Graphics cards etc.

1. 1.5k

• Hey guys.   I am doing a flip sim based on the first gif as a reference. At the moment I am somehow struggling to scale down they velocoty when the fluid reaches the top so it flows into each other and blends smoothly. Would be multiplying the velscale by the y of a bbox also an option here? Another thing i was wondering about is how to achieve this swirls and interactions in the gold liquid.
    • My bake is set up just right. Now I need to bake every frame. (I am baking a sim to a quad).... Switching Frames to Frame Range most definitely exports every frame but it overwrites the same file each time. $F, $FRAME and $CURFRAME do nothing.  Now it may be important to note, this Frame stepped bake process is handle in a script at the hda interface level. Unfortunatly I have not been able to glean anything. I really dont want to do this in a loop..
    • Hey there fellow houdini cult members! as the title says i am trying to "emulate" ps1 graphics, i figured out (at least i think i did) the affine texture warping part. //get a matrix with the camera's transforms string cam = "/obj/cam1"; matrix camMatrix = optransform(cam); //extract out the camera position as a vector vector cdir = {0.0,0.0,0.0}*camMatrix; cdir = cdir; vector raydir = normalize(v@P-cdir); //Manipulate the UV coordinates for Affine Texture Mapping float affineScale = length(raydir);//Scaling factor based on the viewing direction to the camera v@uv *= affineScale;//Scale the UV coordinates though i am struggling to nail it, it kinda works but the effect is not as visible as i expected. also i feel like i am missing quite some steps to really get that ps1 look and feel. If you are down to help me figure this out i'd be very thankful and future houdini ps1 enthusiast might have a post to look at! have a good one! Denis   affine_paul_warping.mp4
    • Somewhere along the line since H16, when the file was authored, a bug was fixed that requires new flip points to actually exist in group named "particles". Try adding a group name to the particles supplied to the source volume node.
    • Hi Atom,  Thank your for the link. When I download the file to review, it doesn't shows the particles and the only thing I see is this:
  • Topics