All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. Yesterday
  3. hi, the alembic rop out node has a checkbox to "Create Shape Nodes" (so it's either on or off). I have a situation where for some packed primitives I want to write both "transform" and "shape", and other packed primitives I want to write only "transform"? Is this possible?
  4. Change simulation settings
  5. Backticks are only needed when working with a string expression? OK got it thanks! I removed the backticks and now it seems to work ok. i@start_frame = chi("start_frame"); i@end_frame = chi("end_frame"); Then using this on the Carve SOP: fit($FF,detail(0,"start_frame",0),detail(0,"end_frame",0),0,1) Here's the updated .hip file if anyone needs it. carve_read_detail_attribute_v3.hiplc
  6. @vicvvshThank you, that makes sense. I didnt know about the "piece Attribute" parameter on the promote sop.
  7. @vicvvsh @konstantin magnus Thank you both, I am studying all of your solutions
  8. I did not change anything in your scene, just clear transformations on the rig pose sop and bake again. It works.
  9. why is the tramsform matrix looking different on frame f. ex. 10 . looks like translating the matrix to a parameter isnt working for some reason. untitled.hip
  10. the rig pose does not bake the rotation of packet geo
  11. What problem do you have? Did you uncheck "Bake From Rest Pose" in the Bake dialog window?
  12. can you upload an example scene pls . thank you
  13. Hi guys, In Solaris context, I would like to use my (animated) camera to project a map on a geometry, but I can't find the right solution. I know the workflow in the object context (UV Texture SOP->Perspective From Camera), but I need the same thing in the Solaris. There is a LOP node I found here: https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/nodes/lop/coordsys.html which I think is for this purpose, but I can't figure out how to use it. I would appreciate any ideas and thank you for helping.
  14. untitled.hip hope anybody have an idea , how to do that.
  15. Hi, just clear backticks in expression. Use them with expression when parameter has a string type.
  16. Hello! I'm trying to animate the Carve SOP's 'Second U' channel by using the expression: fit($FF,1,25,0,1) This works fine to animate from frame 1 to 25, but as soon as I try to read previously set detail attributes as part of the expression, I get an error. So I've made sure to first create the detail attributes, then This is what I'm trying to use: fit($FF,`detail(0,"start_frame",0)`,`detail(0,"end_frame",0)`,0,1) What am I not understanding about accessing detail attributes in an expression? File attached. carve_read_detail_attribute.hiplc
  17. Hi, here a couple more variants detect_attrib_and_isolate_01.hipnc
  18. Hi, you can use attribute promote sop for this boolean_inherit_attribuets_solution_01.hipnc
  19. Last week
  20. Hi @MadMax50, after the intersect node, fuse and attribute promote can create an array for grouping the intersecting geometry with VEX: int index[] = detail(1, 'index', 0); foreach(int i; index){ setpointgroup(0, 'in', i, 1, 'set'); } The best place for VEX related questions on odforce is probably the scripting section: https://forums.odforce.net/forum/28-scripting/ group_intersect.hipnc
  21. okay, writing to detail attirbutes will write to .arbGeomParams
  22. Hello I am not sure if this is the place for vex questions, I couldn't find any designated forum for it. I am trying to isolate some objects that intersect with a curve. I have attempted to use the "haspointattrib" function for this, but it seems as if I may not understand how to use it properly regardless of my research. I was expecting the function to return 1 or 0 depending on if it had the "touch" attribute, and then I would isolate the pig heads based on that value to isolate what I need. .... Would someone be able to help me with this, or perhaps let me know what the best possible solution would be to just isolate the pig heads that touch the curve ? I know I can do an attrib transfer with some grouping but that may select pig heads that are also not interesecting. with the curve exactly Please and thank you detect_attrib_and_isolate.hip
  23. Hi, I am using an alembic output rop and I need to write to the .arbGeomParams section of the alembic file, tried to configure alembic rop output in different configuration, but nothing is written to this section? PS. I need to write data to .arbGeomParams because the render engine reads this section specifically... Tx
  24. Hello I was trying to come up with a solution to inherit the attributes (specifically the name attribute) from the original geometry to the newly created faces that the boolean fracture creates . There is no option to inherit attributes like the voronoi fracture which I find very strange. This is the solution I came up with... . If anyone has a better solution please let me know. I attached a hipfile and a screenshot. Basically, its just an attribute transfer from the original geo to the cuttter before the boolean... however I feel like this may not the best solution for a more complex situation..... hopefully someone can give there input on this. Thank you boolean_inherit_attribuets_solution.hip
  25. It's possible to add some type of noise with vops?
  1. Load more activity