Houdini 19 Wishlist

LaidlawFX

On 10/11/2019 at 4:48 PM, flcc said:

You can, (use select maj+Select tool, then go back to manipulator), but I agree it's so unintuitive.
Curve node need some love.

sorry, but you can't do that. At least not in H17.5 and prior releases.

Does it work in H18 ? ( I doubt it.)

On 13/12/2019 at 9:41 AM, flcc said:

I wish sideFX introduce some sort of global variable in VEX.
This would avoid the use of a sop solver in many cases.

I suspect that if they didn't do it, they must have good reasons.
But since they are in a logic of reducing the back and forth between different contexts, this could be cool.

Your intuition about the good reasons is correct. From what I understand VEX implements what's called a "single instruction multiple data" (SIMD) processing model, meaning it's possible to parallelise for fast implementation on processors that support it, think Intel MMX, SSE, etc and GPUs. Introducing modifiable globals would limit vex code to execute serially and in strict order.

Edited by eloop

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I have only one wish for Houdini 19.

Please add Physx engine, or anything that uses all of the threads.

We need faster Rigid Body Simulation.

Thank you.

Edited by Yahya98
  • Downvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

to have less pain setting up the opengl rop to match the current viewport look, would be awesome to have one button like "copy render setting form actual scene view"
it's always a struggle to make it match with the actual scene view ! 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

H19 wish list? I just wish 18.5 would come out. 

I would love to see a projection/camera mapping/camera calibration like C4D, where you take a photo and turn it into a 3D world without all the guess work and moving objects around

• 1 month later...

for H19, I would just like to see the current bugs fixed :lol:
and the frequent crashes/freezes would be nice to address as well...

edit: and a help that actually works would be nice. I always end up using the online help.
the help that pops up with F1 is broken (on CentOS 7, Ubuntu 18.04/20.04, MacOs 10)

Edited by bunker
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

-an option to make a "floating buble"  from selected node in the network editor (visible at all time, it doesnt matter the context you are on), for quick access. Like whatsapp or Messenger/Facebook, i dont remember which one has this feature.

-Coloring the spreadsheet, maniputaling font size, and some other customization for quick reading.
-Maybe a new spreadsheet that only shows the diferences between 2 spreadsheets of selected nodes?

-undo just for the camera view. I have always to open old scenes to backup the camera ; )

-also it should be more visible the icon of the camera lock when it's on, maybe a red highlight can help?

Edited by majinpu

• 3 weeks later...

- in DOP / Vellum Constraint Property an Option to Scale by Attribute, Scale by_Value and Scale by Both, what we already have in SOP / Vellum Constraints.

( in the World of CFX it could be useful )

5f256f33cc1ae_VellumConstraintPropertyWishList.thumb.jpg.8bc64fd50e446a91a076dbecec64c6da.jpg

Edited by ervin3D

• Marc locked this topic