All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Lockheed Martin (Suffolk, VA)

United States citizenship is required to get a clearance in most cases. These positions require a secret clearance (shown at the bottom of the job posting) which the company will help employees obtain.
  3. Today
  4. Pyro source Wedges TOP

Vitor, Found it, horay : pyro_simple_wedge_odf003.hipnc
  5. Writing attributes to image file

Hello! Since I have not seen a hip file for the solution to this problem yet, I've felt the need to post it. There were a couple of major things missing from localstarfights' file, namely correct addressing of the SOP to read the attributes from. Thanks to the people of this thread for letting me know this was even possible! attribexport.hip
  6. Thanks to everyone on this thread - it's been really, really helpful! Did anybody figure out why the fastglow shops dont show up in reflections? And, if anyone figured out how to do it? Cheers, C
  7. Calculator a Parabola Curve

With a Parabola curve, is there any way to adjust the focus point, the focus point being; the lowest arc in the curve ?
  8. Thoughts on this laptop build?

Hi All I am just getting into Houdini and looking to do some more exploring of it whilst on the move. I realise that I am not gonna be able to push it with heavy sims, but I am keen to work on basic setups whilst keeping the weight low and keeping things portable. I am looking to mainly render using redshift hence the 2070 card and i've crammed all the ram in that I can. The company i'm using for the build don't offer amd options for cards, and this I7 is the only one which fits in this chassis. Any massive issues with the following setup? Are there any limitations I should expect? Any Feedback much appreciated. Chassis & Display Proteus Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080) Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 8750H (2.2GHz, 4.1GHz Turbo) Memory (RAM) 32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB) Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2070 - 8.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1 1st Storage Drive 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2.5" SSD, (upto 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW) 1st M.2 SSD Drive 1TB WD Black™ SN750 M.2 NVMe SSD (up to 3470MB/s R | 3000MB/s W) Memory Card Reader Integrated SD Memory Card Reader AC Adaptor 1 x Proteus Series 230W AC Adaptor Battery Proteus V Series Lithium Ion Battery (7180mAh) Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead) Thermal Paste COOLER MASTER MASTERGEL MAKER THERMAL COMPOUND Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® AC-9260 M.2 (1.73Gbps, 802.11AC) +BT 5.0 USB/Thunderbolt Options 3 x USB 3.0 PORTS + 1 x USB 3.1 Type C PORT AS STANDARD Keyboard Language PROTEUS SERIES RGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD WITH NUMBER PAD Operating System Genuine Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language Laptop Cooling Stands CoolerMaster NotePal L2 Laptop Cooler, upto 17.3 inch Stand-Alone Monitor ASUS VP28UQG 28" 4K GAMING MONITOR Notebook Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE Webcam INTEGRATED 720P 30 FPS HD WEBCAM Price £2,002.00 including VAT and Delivery
  9. impact data after sim

Got it working by creating an age attribute and increasing the value of age every frame with a sop solver. Post by mart1jn in this thread helped alot. Thanks!
  10. fore each loop question

I have never tried so don't quote me on this but you should be able to do it. You can put down a "render node network" inside of your HDA and then create the wedge node inside of this one. This way you will carry the wedge setup with your digital asset
  11. Nature fun

L-system fun
  12. Hair with soft body sim

do you get correct answer?
  13. I can't figure out how to get this 3D blast look. I tried in After effects but had no such luck making it look 3 Dimensional Around 42 seconds it starts a mouth blast. So long story short after effects will not even come close to what I need so I am resulting to doing it all from scratch in Houdini, but I am no where near professional in it.
  14. fore each loop question

@Kiryha, Thanks I will try that way, @Andrea, I am using that network inside a digital asset, can I use wedge method inside an HDA ?
  15. Calculator a Parabola Curve

set i@id = 1 for all points (set_id_example - node) and move the end-points of curve 2 along the x-axis.
  16. Calculator a Parabola Curve

It is possible that the control I require is outside of a Parabola, since if I adjust the degree as seen in the image; only the left side of the curve is modified ? As no matter how much I change the degree, the right side of the curve remains the same that is unless there is another way.
  17. Selecting edge corners

1. it's a direction vector the normals are compared to 2. Detail Wrangle with your geo in the second input (assuming your edge group is called "edge_group") int pts[] = expandedgegroup(1, "edge_group"); for (int i=0; i<len(pts); i+=2){ vector P0 = point(1, "P", pts[i]); vector P1 = point(1, "P", pts[i+1]); vector P = avg(P0, P1); addpoint(0, P); } ts_point_per_edge_in_edge_group.hip
  18. Pyro source Wedges TOP

Vitor, I Tried to the biepass second group of wedges and got only 10 frames, but should be 40. 4 different Volume sources Am I missing something? pyro_simple_wedge_odf002.hipnc
  19. Yesterday
  20. Calculator a Parabola Curve

the fit is already good, so raising the degree will only have little effect.
  21. impact data after sim

Another problem surfaces.. with the intersection analysis I create points, but i want these to dissapear after 1 second, otherwise the particles will keep spawning from these points.. I initially solved this with the particle sop, by setting a life expectance and turning on 'don't reuse points', but this also stops newer particles to spawn from later collisions. Adding age to points and deleting points based on age doesn't seem to be an easy task.. I attached my test file. particles_from_intersection3.hiplc
  22. Pyro source Wedges TOP

Vitor, Hmm so simple, i tried similar setup but with file cash, but something went wrong. One more blank filed when comes to TOPs, big thanx to you.
  23. Copy To Points/Normals

Yes! Ah I was so close I just couldn't figure out how to reference the point I was creating. Thanks!
  24. Copy To Points/Normals

primitive wrangle on your original geo: int pt = addpoint(0, @P); setpointattrib(0, "N", pt, v@N); removeprim(0, @primnum, 1);
  25. Copy To Points/Normals

On the copy sop, there is a Use Template Point attributes parameter that you need to enable to make sure the attributes are copied from the points onto your copied geo.
  26. Slight Seams in Fracture

Hello everyone, I'm currently playing around with a Sphere breaking through a wall; quite a simple setup but when it comes to rendering out, I'm noticing some small seams around my fractured area. As I'm not able to figure this out, I'm asking the community for some help or a hint in the right direction. thanks Using Rigid Body Dynamics.hip
  27. Calculator a Parabola Curve

When changing the degree whether it's 3,4 etc; the point curve which are to the right of the curve, stay the same; they don't change, I want to change both ?
  1. Load more activity