All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Yesterday
  4. For clustering use glue constraint. I dont know what you are doing in sim that it struggle on 200k, I simmed 30mil of the snow 3 minutes per frame. For vellum you need GPU, any GPU from 1080 will dexcrease frame sim time twice or more. For adjusting its substeps, constraint iterations, friction and attraction
  5. Thank you, it is really helpful.
  6. Meshing point clouds does not seem to be the hottest topic for Houdini users, but it's cool the developer has been adding tools here and there. The new Point Cloud Surface SOP builds a mesh, but if the surface is not fully enclosed it connects the open surfaces with bubbles. I assume under the hood the SOP is using poisson surface reconstruction. Houdini, as far as I can tell does not yet provide any way to trim away this bubbled surface, nor does the SOP output any data on the 'quality' of the reconstructed mesh. I just wanted to see if anyone had a solution to this problem at the moment. Did I miss something? Trimming a poisson reconstructed mesh is trivial normally, so hopefully they will add the feature in the future.
  7. Hi, I would like to know how to achieve and animate something like this in the first video https://www.behance.net/gallery/175765483/LOEHR-x-Spot-Studio? (Screenshot of what I am talking about below) In regard to 1/ which grain properties to adjust 2/ How to achieve clustering some grains as you can see on top - are these separate vellum grain objects set to different seperation rates? 3/ Would be nice to know how you guys go on about optimizing your grain sims.. I run an 12core i9 and it is struggling even with 200K points Much appreciated.
  8. Here's Tomas' original ocean ball to play around with. Another set of links might help you build up the effect. ts_ocean_on_ball - v00.hip
  9. Thank you Konstantin, but your solution a little bit complicated. I tried to use the "neighbours()" VEX function to set the edges group: int nei[]; i[]@nei = neighbours(0, @ptnum); foreach(int i; @nei) { if (inpointgroup(0, chs("group"), i)) { setedgegroup(0, "SelectedEdges", @ptnum, i, 1); } } And here is my hip file: Selecting_Edges_Between_Selected_Points.hip
  10. Last week
  11. you could promote a group from polygons to edges. edge_group.hipnc
  12. Hi Sunchao360, Thank you for the reply, but I didn't get your solution
  13. Hello everyone, I am having a really hard time creating a water ball. I need a more realistic version of this effect for the film. I need advice on how to cope with such a task.
  14. Hi guys, How can I create a group of edges by range same as the "Group By Range" SOP, (I mean procedurally) : for example 1 edge every 3 edges? Thanks for helping.
  15. Hi, I'm recently starting to learn rig on houdini, everything's going good until I tried to rig a spring around a piston, I don't know what I should parent it to, or what constraint to use for it to follow the movement of the piston, and still being able to make it look at to an extremity. Can someone help me clarify what should I do ? The final goal is to make the spring extend as the piston does.
  16. https://www.sidefx.com/forum/topic/95007/
  17. As you know Houdini HDK works with Visual Studio 2019, But I have 2022. If you want to use CMake Project with 2019 config you have to install a specific toolchain of 2019 ( VC 142 and Windows SDK 10.0.18362 ). OK, I Installed them but I got this error in Cmake GUI, it says: can't find the instance of Visual Studio 2019. What should I do to fix that?
  18. Thank you, here is a simplify scene! thanks for helping simplify.hiplc
  19. @sebastienlevieux Post a Simplify Scene , I Have This when I work on Fields ---> Order to Right
  20. Hello, why I can't see the scalar field visualization in the viewport? Do you have any idea why?
  21. thank you so much for this @hannes603 really helpful, apologies for the late reply
  22. Hi, I tried to apply on my scene but it is not working, I don't have any smoke ( purple) I am not sure to understand
  23. Resolution: Just had to re-install it two more times (!), that fixed it. The secret: give up hope, curse a bit, and then try one last time.
  1. Load more activity