All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. how to make Mesh growth Transformation

could anyone send me hip File Example ?
  3. hda processor

Hi there. I have built a setup to deal with a production characters cloth simulation. I have packed it all into an HDA. So far so good. What I would like to do is use that HDA in tops. I put it in the HDA processor and all seems to work. Except with I generate the work items. It only shows up with 1 work item. How do I go about telling it it needs to run over the frame range? cheers
  4. Polywire uvs

Greetings! I have a tree made out of curves. I use a resample sop to make the curves symmetrical in distance between points. I then use a polywire. I see that you can also create vertex textures with the polywire. This is what I've got at this time: So this looks quite nice.. HOWEVER the uv's are done per segement. So my question is; how do I normalize the uvs made from a polywire?
  5. Today
  6. Hi, I have seen this posted a few times but no clear explanation on how to get it up and running. I created a simple drop of water with a small crown and a single drop on the top. its client likes it but when I up rez it, the simulation changes. is there a way to up rez and the simulation not change. need some help, please.
  7. move points to coloured neighbours

happy to help not in front of Houdini right now, but if you don't want to have them stack up you could either just use a point relax SOP (maybe only on the blue points) or not blend all the way to 1 (-> percentcomplete) but stop a bit earlier, randomized per point Depending on how detailed you need to go, you could factor in pscale (if present) but sooner or later things will break and you'd be better of using a solver
  8. Parameter Interface Toggle

Hello,You can simply put this Python Code that i have made and tested with the same setup you have created. Below is the Callback Script to deactivate all materials and colors via the single click or disable toggle with tick: kwargs['node'].parmTuple('outside').set(' '), kwargs['node'].parmTuple('first').set((0.0,0.0,0.0)), kwargs['node'].parmTuple('inside').set(' '), kwargs['node'].parmTuple('second').set((0.0,0.0,0.0)), kwargs['node'].parmTuple('third').set((0.0,0.0,0.0)), kwargs['node'].parmTuple('burned').set(' ') Note: Please change the parmTuple name according to your node name. This Callback Script i have tried with the same setup or control box you have made. It's working with both Button and Toggle checkbox also.
  9. packed geo confusion

I think that makes sense when you think of how Houdini does structure geometry : primitives are made of vertices that refers to points. The "position" of a primitive is the barycentre of its components (and is calculated like that under the hood, in a Prim Wrangle for example, when you use @P for a prim). A packed primitive is a "fictitious" primitive that contains only one point. So it makes sense that moving the point position moves the prim. And if I remember correctly, the orientation of the primitive is an "intrinsic" attribute of the prim, not the point. That explains why you need to be in Primitive mode for the select tool to orient it, move it etc.... I think you can read more about that here : But that is just my guess, I don't really have info about the philosophy the dev used when coding that :-) I hope it helps you a bit...
  10. How can I change Template node's color?

Yes, this is the cool way to do. Thanks man.
  11. how to make Mesh growth Transformation

i use divide node . but it only create hexagon mesh...
  12. how to make Mesh growth Transformation

see the video...how the hexagons are animating ...i want like that..
  13. how to make Mesh growth Transformation

For the hexagonal pattern, you can use the divide node and set compute dual.
  14. move points to coloured neighbours

@srletak thank you friend! I actually saw your file the other day, but I was probably too burnt out from the wrangle to utilise it correctly - I will look it up in more detail today though! As for the qlib, it seems promising, never thought about checking it, you're right! @3dome I just saw your code - you sir, are quite possibly a genius! What took me 2 days to figure out, a messed up code and hundreds of variables and arrays to do, you managed to do in just 6 lines of code !! Thanks, I am looking at it right now and will get back to you with the results! @3dome I checked it and it works beautifully - thank you so, so much (and everybody else taking the time to help - you rock!)! On a related note, how can I make sure that all these points don't overlap, but instead "stack" on / close to each other? Kinda like sand / dust gathering?
  15. packed geo confusion

Hey guys, sorry this is a basic question, just wanted to understand this bit more clearly. If i convert say a voronoi fracture - or even just a 'copy to points' to packed geo, what i love is i can then manipulate each piece like a single point. Say grab a few pieces and move them across or run a noise through the positions to offset the pieces. But I'm getting confused as to whether this packed geo is represented as a point or a primitive at this level. When looking at the attributes in attribute spreadsheet it feels like you are dealing with points as the position values are still on points. Also i can run noise through a point vop to randomise the position (trying the same on a primitive vop doesn't work). But if i try and select and move some of the pieces i have to be in primitive mode to select them. I've been able to work with this fine so far, but just wanted to know more about whats going on under the hood Heres an attached example though probably not needed packedprims.hiplc
  16. move points to coloured neighbours

i would assume this is a more efficient - and I would say simpler - way: if(@Cd.x < .5) //do the operations only on the blue points { int near = nearpoint(0, "\x40Cd.x>.9", @P); //find the nearest neighbour but already limit the points to sample to the red ones vector p = point(0, "P", near); @P = lerp(@P, p, ch("percentcomplete")); } for a bit more "organic" movement you could do something like this: if(@Cd.x < .5) { int near = nearpoint(0, "\x40Cd.x>.9", @P); vector p = point(0, "P", near); float b = fit(@Frame, 1, distance(@P, p)*125, 0, 1); @P = lerp(@P, p, b); //blend the positions over a certain amount of time based on the distance between the blue and red point, so distant points take longer to complete the lerp() }
  17. Vellum Balloon Solver

https://hdbp.io/6An51rNr
  18. move points to coloured neighbours

Hm can you post some examples of what you want to achieve exactly ... I posted point vop that do those stuff based on noise play with that file. qlib have some examples but with particles maybe that can help.
  19. move points to coloured neighbours

Hi Anim and thank you very much for your reply!! Yeah, figured as much - I actually have it as two separate wrangles in my project, I only merged them to post here. I will try and clean ti up better today though! Other than that, I know that the code is fugly and probably quite inefficient, but am I even on the right path? Or is it something that I am missing in logic? It goes without saying that, if anybody has any better idea to tackle the end result differently (vop, sop, pop whatever) please, feel free to share!
  20. Deadline & Houdini File Path

Hey there, sorry for the late reply. Couldn't get the ROP deadline node to work so ended up just using the submit houdini to deadline on the top render menu. Talked to the engineer who runs our deadline farm and he has no idea on it as well. Hope this helps!
  21. Tips needed: Very refractive renders

If you're getting a lot of noise the reflection / refraction channels, switch the brdf in your shaders from ggv to Phong ( I know I hate phong too ), last I saw, it was impossible to get sharp reflections with ggx, creating a lot of noise and a lot of extra render time to clean up. We covered a lot of that here, if I can find the conversation. Also I assume ( and hope ) you're not trying to use indirect diffuse? Maybe if you can get away with no motion blur, do that - just throwing out ideas - iirc, reflection doesn't need as much ray depth to look good as refraction does, try refl at 2? btw what do you consider "huge" render times? Some people think that's 10 minutes.
  22. how to make Mesh growth Transformation

Well im not noob..i used houdini since 4-5 months..i have created all the thing accept that hexagonal animation...can u help me on that..how to create that hexagonal animation
  23. move points to coloured neighbours

you can't do this in the same wrangle as this the point(0, ...) or point(geoself(), ...) will just read from the input geo where INstatic is not populated yet so maybe try to split it into 2 wrangles
  24. Yesterday
  25. Random Sequence jpg to each grid

It can be more efficient to apply various textures inside a shader:
  26. Random Sequence jpg to each grid

Before you store them on as the attribute, you might want to use one of the various .eval() methods to resolve the path, instead of using the .unexpandedString(). Check out the Value section. https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/hom/hou/Parm.html
  27. Merging BVH files manually

I'm using BVH Hacker to load and preview the BVH files. Thanks, I'll give that a go; seems perfect If only someone can give me some insight to my grain issue
  1. Load more activity