All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Dynamic Particles - Houdini Rig needed

WE GOT THIS COVERED! Thanks so much for the replies. Huge thanks to all the talent on Oddforce!!!!!!!
  3. Today
  4. SVGIcons.cache file corrupted

You can just delete the corrupted file. It will be recreated when Houdini starts.
  5. My SVGIcons.cache file became corrupt anyone can share an un-corrupted version of this file ?
  6. Doxia Studio's Tutorials

@DoxiaStudio Peace & Love
  7. Project points on geo

Thanks Julian. This is a pretty nice setup and pretty simple. Although I'm still in the beginnings of learning VEX and not very far along down that path. I will use this to learn from though. I mostly understand what going on in the expression but I'll have to do some more research on the stuff I don't know yet. Thanks for the help!
  8. Doxia Studio's Tutorials

I was letting people know about the free tutorials in Houdini for beginners and you only saw the patreon link. You gave that reply and misjudging the post without even check the links to see the beginner tutorials are available to everyone. Or maybe, I was not clear on the message and should spam more the "free" word... But well, this post was more for people who need help and are willingly happy to learn. And if they want to know more, they can have access to other stuff on Patreon. cheers
  9. animate normal like sea ​​urchin

His nickname is Toadstorm lol
  10. More Particles Following a PATH!

Hey @christianl013, I've got a similar problem where i need to use multiple curves to contol a pop sim with curve force; would you mind sharing with me how you achieved it with pcopen? Thanks in advance! Cheers, C
  11. Now it works fine , thank you.
  12. //set a wrangle to run over primitives int primpts[] = primpoints(0,@primnum); removepoint(0,primpts[0]); removepoint(0,primpts[-1]);
  13. Dam! no reply on that topic : / I'm looking into PFtrack atm too... Trevor, have you used it with Houdini ?
  14. Noise on ramp transition (edge)

Hello again! I was trying out your setup, it works for all intents and purposes. I am just wondering if there are other ways to accomplish this?
  15. Modeling questions (remesh, polyfill)

Thank you.. Skin would be a better method indeed.
  16. Rendering Cola

Last time I looked into shading fluids it was done with a combination of surface hull and bubbles with nested dielectrics enclosing a uniform volume. Roughly like this: Why don't you publish your attempt so we have something more elaborate to start from? coke.hipnc
  17. Hello everyone, I am working with volumetric capture data and would like to have points scattered on it that moves with the data but also doesn't chang every frame. The issue is that the geometry, primitive number and uv's keep changing every frame. So I can't do the same trick I can do with mocap data using the primuv attributes. Anyone have any experience with this and how I should handle it?
  18. animate normal like sea ​​urchin

Thank you illusionist!!!!
  19. Simple RBD hanging

I'd probably setup an rbd chain instead, I think that'd be easier to control.
  20. Hi Masoud, padzero() expression wrapped around the clamp() adds those zeroes: $HIP/tex/Display_A_`padzero(4,clamp($F,1,130))`.jpg https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/expressions/padzero.html
  21. How to select a bevelled edges?

Submitted an RFE for this
  22. Rendering Cola

I bet a lot of money this look came from comp more than from anyone render engine. It looks heavily modified.
  23. you may want to lower resize_container/Bounds/Field/FieldCutoff
  24. Building a beast Houdini + Redshift mainly

Any reason to wait for the next gen Threadripper? Will they have more cores and/or base GHz?
  25. export texture

for exporting these additional channels you need to setup a shader with bake exports. watch the masterclass to understand how stuff works: https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/h15-masterclass-mantra-rendering-and-texture-baking/ or this for gameDev maps baker: https://www.sidefx.com/tutorials/game-tools-maps-baker/
  26. snapping point to a Null

in 17.5 snapping to null works perfectly good for me
  1. Load more activity