Jason

Random link of interest

acey195    109
16 hours ago, michael said:

http://www.russian3dscanner.com/wrap-3-private-beta/

someone really likes Houdini's UI...and icons

Its quite similar yes, also the pane layout... It looks as if they tried to be just barely outside sue-able territory by applying some photoshop filters on the houdini icons :P

Edited by acey195

goofoo    11

http://simit-lang.org/

Simit is a new programming language that makes it easy to compute on sparse systems using linear algebra. Simit programs are typically shorter than Matlab programs yet are competitive with hand-optimized code and also run on GPUs. 

Edited by goofoo
  • Like 2

jordibares    66
On 3 August 2016 at 10:59 AM, acey195 said:

Its quite similar yes, also the pane layout... It looks as if they tried to be just barely outside sue-able territory by applying some photoshop filters on the houdini icons :P

It is weird because although very interesting tool for me this is just a FEATURE, not a program in itself so I can't only think the time has come for SideFX to implement it inside houdini... it does make sense doesn't it?

acey195    109
13 hours ago, jordibares said:

It is weird because although very interesting tool for me this is just a FEATURE, not a program in itself so I can't only think the time has come for SideFX to implement it inside houdini... it does make sense doesn't it?

you can post it in the wishlist topic I suppose :P. I guess I agree with you that scan input is becoming more and more prevalent,
the new Megascan stuff from quixel just came out for instance. So yeah it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for Houdini to have something for this :P.

Then again I know to little about this to judge if you can't already do most of the scan processing you need with the stuff that's in Houdini right now.

marty    574

Sophie Wilson - The Future of Microprocessors

Interesting talk from a CPU designer.. the future of programming has to non-scalar.

• Like 4